X

Eunhae dashed to her room that day and cried her heart out. Her head throbbed as she let her tears flow. She once thought that the walls of her heart were strong yet after knowing Chanyeol's true condition, she realized that those walls fell with a great crash, revealing her feeble heart.

She wasn't aware how much time flew when she sobbed but after a while, when night already conquered the sky, Eunhae quieted and stared at the ceiling. Everything around her became dull all of a sudden, yet it didn't matter to her, because she was so occupied in embracing her sorrows.

She wondered why the world's unfair; and why almost everyone she loves have numbered days. She thought of her dad once again and Chanyeol, who's the very reason why her heart aches so much that time. She remembered how buoyant he is every time they are together and how his eyes sparkle in awe everywhere they go. She'd never seen someone like him before; it's like he was a shade of bright color amidst her life's black-and-white routine. And now, knowing his condition, all that Eunhae wanted was to stay in her yesterdays.

She was so deep in thought and when she finally blinked, tears fell, realizing that she's still crying. She never thought that this will hurt so much.

"Eunhae?" Inna whispered after opening the door.

Hearing no reply, she saw Eunhae on her bed, staring at the lifeless ceiling.

"Is everything alright, sis?"

Eunhae quickly wiped away her tears and sat, trying to give her sister a smile.

Inna sat on the corner of the bed and noticed how swollen her eyes were. "Hey, are you alright?"

"It's just cold." Eunhae sniffed.

"Oh, Eunhae," Inna sighed, "After all these years, you're still bad at lying."

Eunhae averted her eyes to the window and noticed how dark the sky was; she wondered how much time she spent in hearing her heartache.

"Your eyes are swollen." Inna pointed out. "You've been crying."

Receiving her statement, Eunhae shrugged and gave a sigh, not having an idea what to say.

"What's the matter?"

Seeing the sincerity and care that glimmered in her eyes, Eunhae sighed. She could really use someone to talk to that time; and knowing Inna, she knows she'll understand.

"Do you remember the guy that we met during this year's summer recital?"

"The outspoken guy?"

Eunhae nodded.

"How could I forget," Inna chuckled.

"He's Chanyeol."

"Oh I see. So he's Chanyeol..."

"Why?"

"Oh nothing, it's just that, you talk about him all the time."

"I do?"

"Yeah," Inna chuckled as she remembered her moments with her sister during the past month. The way how Eunhae endlessly talked about him with amazement in her eyes is too noticeable for her sister.

"I didn't know," Eunhae smiled despite how flushed her face were. "Perhaps, he has made such an impact in me."

"I think so too." The older one nodded. "So uh, what's the matter with him?"

Eunhae squinted her eyes, finally aware that they've become heavy because of her crying. "Well, recently, we've been so close. We've spent a lot of time together, you see. And we've got to know each other more."