VI

Before the both of them knew it, a string of an unbreakable bond has tied them. As time went by, Eunhae doesn't just meet Chanyeol on Tuesdays or Fridays anymore. Rather, they would meet often. They would go at the 'Wonder' Book Store which they both admired, at the famous local ice cream shop of the town to compliment the heat of summer, or at the park to just gaze at stars—which is their most favorite.

Summer was finally at its finest when they rode Chanyeol's car on their way to the northern part of Eunhye.

"Where are we going?" Eunhae asked, scanning the streets they pass by.

"My parents and I went to our relatives yesterday. And along the way, I noticed a wonderful spot. So I'm planning to check it out." Chanyeol explained as he gazed intently on the road ahead.

"Alright, I'd also like to see this wonderful spot that you're referring to."

The boy chuckled. "It's lovely. I'm telling you."

"Oh, my school." Eunhae said, looking at the University they passed by.

"College girl, nice." He remarked. "What's your course?"

"I'm currently taking English Studies. You?"

"Nah, I'm being homeschooled."

"Really? Why?"

"Matters," He returned. "My mom's a teacher just so you know."

"Ohh, is she the one teaching you?"

"Yes, she's amazing."

They were finally on a road surrounded by trees sparkling gloriously beneath the warm sun.

"Would it be okay if I open the window?"

"Sure, that would be great."

Right after she slid the window down, they felt a gush of wind. Eunhae stretched out her arm and let the summer breeze collide with her delicate palm.

Seeing Eunhae through his peripheral vision, Chanyeol smiled and opened the radio, letting the music become their lullaby.

~:~

It took them thirty minutes to arrive at their destination and when they finally did, Chanyeol hurriedly turned off his car.

"We're here!" He said as he removed his seatbelt in anticipation.

Eunhae went out of the car and felt the wind brushed her hair.

"That's what I'm talking about, Eunhae!" Chanyeol pointed to a tree from a far.

The car came to a stop along the road—where farm areas of Eunhye were located. There were old wooden fences that separated the road from a meadow, and within that grassy area was the Oak tree that Chanyeol was talking about.

"I've never been to this part of Eunhye." Eunhae commented, looking at how the gravel road extended from afar. There were no other vehicles—just trees and grass.

"Let's go," Chanyeol said and crossed the other side of the fence alongside Eunhae.

"Race!" The girl shouted and started to run, startling Chanyeol.

"Hey! That's not fair!"

Their laughter roamed around the vast meadow as they both raced towards the tree, accompanied by the playful whisper of wind and the warmth of sunshine.

"First!" Eunhae turned around when they got to the Oak tree that they considered as the finish line.

Chanyeol let out continuous coughs as he tried to steady his breathing.