seven

ASHTONS POV

"you finally got rid of her?" alice asked me as i sat down, putting my arm around her waist pulling her close to me.

"i did!" i nodded, but i dont know if that was good because the room was spinning due to the simple gesture. i looked around the table to each of my friends and the girls they were with. i hadn't been introduced to them but that was fine because i probably wasnt going to see them again. the exception was alice, i wanted to see her everyday. 

michael sat closely to a girl with long brown hair that went down her back. they were both looking at something on his phone and i kept hearing the word 'tattoo' so i think he was showing what tattoo he wants next. they also kept laughing together at probably one of michaels shitty jokes.

luke had just pulled away from his girls ear. she was laughing really hard. who knew luke was funny? luke bit his lip, holding back a smile as he watched the girl control her laughing. she had pale skin, like alice, but she had candy floss curly pink hair which was stopped at her shoulders. 

calum had his girl on his knee, her hands were around his neck and they were swaying to the music. drinking cocktails and talking about nothing. she had dark blue hair which came down past her shoulders. 

then there was me. who had a crazy girlfriend. and a girl next to me.

alice had rested her head on my shoulder and we hadn't talked in a while, i didnt want to move because she was laying comfortably on me so i didnt want to bother her.

"this has been a great night so far" i whispered with my lips inches away from alices ear. her hair smelled like coconut. she responded by lifting her head up and scrunching her nose. 

it was possibly the cutest nose scrunch. i smiled, i really wanted to see her more than just now. "whats wrong" 

"i dont like it when people whisper in my ear, i know its stupid but i dont know it tickles and is scary at the same time" she said keeping eye contact with me. 

"oh sorry" i said finding myself shouting over the music but then it stopped. embarrassing. "what are they doing now?" 

everyone was gathering around the bride and groom who were stood around a table. there was some flashes from cameras. 

"i think they are doing the cake now"

obviously, why didnt i think of that?

i gazed off into the distance, not moving my eyes from the crowd of people near the cake. people were laughing, throwing their hands in the air, clapping and cheering. i had never been to a wedding like this where everyone was so enthusiastic. the ones that i had been seemed like they were forced love and happiness. the type where the marriage wouldn't last long. 

that wasnt the case here.

the few times i had met mali and sam they seemed deeply in love. i believe that i used to love chloe, its a great feeling but its just not there anymore. i really want to find someone who i will love. its tiring being with someone you dont love, whats the point in trying?

love was so impossible these days. it was all about looks over personality. 

the day i was going to tell chloe that i loved her was the day i found her tangled in the sheets with some other man. 

i was truly upset which meant i really did love her but she didnt back, i had wasted 2 years of my life with her. she apologised so many times and i accepted the apologies many times being the idiot i am. after finding her cheating, thats when she became clingy and started having a controlling attitude.