four

december 31st 2016 - the big day

ALICES POV

last night i stayed up pretty late to try and finish my speech, i think it sounds alright but the only thing I'm worried about is if they dont like it, hopefully they do. i woke up early today, feeling quite excited for today - the wedding day. once again i had another sleepless night, only giving me a total of four hours sleep. nevertheless , i feel like i could run to the other side of australia and back because I'm that energised. mali also decided that i could be her maid of honour. holding the title of maid of honour was pretty stressful, I'm not usually a helpful person but mali and sam have been needing everyone help to make this big day work out. i feel like i have done a good job catering to malis needs and making sure she has been happy since it is a special day however, it has been very stressful for everyone. 

i swung my body over my bed and sat on the edge looking at the time. 7:00 am. 

i looked over to my mirror to see my dresses that i would be wearing today.

yes 'dresses'. of course mali being the fashionista she is said we would need a smart and elegant dress for the ceremony that was going to be held at the church but wanted us to look sexy and fun for the after party tonight. i hated dresses but these ones were gorgeous.

"its new years eve, i want you all to look gorgeous and sexy!" these were the exact words mali had said while we were in the dress meeting. the thing is i wasn't sexy and i didnt like looking sexy, i liked jeans and loose tops not skin tight lace things which were half way up your arse. 

the dress for the ceremony was a creamy white colour. it had a pale blue lace along the bottom of it. it looked expensive and beautiful however, i couldn't really seeing me wearing it. but it was malis wedding and not mine so i will wear it and hopefully it looks ok on me. it just looked to glamorous like a princess or a movie star would wear and I'm just plain old alice who wears sweatpants on a day to day basis. mali said all the girls dresses will have some pale blue on because she has made the decoration that colour and she said she wanted them to all match.

the dress for the after party was completely different and a bit more like something i would wear except i dont wear dresses. it was black, which i liked. it had lace all over it and around your chest area it was quite sheer which i didnt no how i felt about. another thing that was a bit of a problem about the dress was it was short like very very short. mali allowed me to choose the colour but i think she already knew that i wanted to wear black for at least something. but to my surprise she loved the dress i picked out!

she stated "you can never go wrong with a little black dress, especially for new years" and thats when her and sam announced when they are having the wedding and after party. mali and sam agreed it would be good to celebrate there marriage and new years the same day seen as though our family were all traveling from texas. 

i planted my feet on the carpet which was quite warm, i chucked a silk robe on starting to get ready for today. 

i spent an hour washing myself and cleaning up. it never usually took this long but today because i had to dry and straighten my hair to make it easier for when i get round to doing it. mali insisted that all the girls got there makeup and hair done professionally today which i was quite excited about. 

once i had finished with sorting my tangled messy hair i chucked into a bobble to try and keep it straight. i walked downstairs into the living room where all 6 bridesmaids were and my mum and joy, malis mum were sat. this was the first time i had seen the bridal party all together. it was a bit crowded because there was 10 people in the room. i went to hug my cousins which were the first five of the bridesmaids. i greeted them like my mum told me to for flying to australia because they didnt have to seen as though they were coming from texas. alex, izzy and hannah. i hugged all of them and took a seat next to chloe and my mum.