one

christmas eve 2015

ALICES POV

my family, the fosters, were sat happily at the table. this was the probably the only time of the year where we are all sat together as a family. my dad works offshore so we hardly see him. my mum is a nurse so she gets quite busy but she got this christmas off same as my dad. my older brother sam was sat with his fiancé mali koa. they met in the last year of high school and now they have been together for 4 years. they are what you might call inseparable. it gets quite annoying at times. i guess its also cute at the same time, though. malis family are with us as well.

the two families had decided to have a christmas eve party/dinner together before sam and mali get married. there was complete chaos this past 6 months planning for their wedding. the big day was getting closer and closer, it was only in a weeks time. so both households thought a quite dinner is what was needed. at this point, i think that's what everyone needed.

out families just clicked which was good otherwise, it might have been a bit awkward. considering all the boring stories both our families tell each other.

i felt someone kick me from under the table. while i was talking with my sister, jessica. i turned to the source of the kick. calum hood.

calum and i had made friends since the first time we met. we said we were best friends but that was 4 years ago when we were younger, but i still love him he is like a brother to me. we used to hang out all the time but we have drifted apart a bit. when we were younger we used to cause innocent trouble he was so good at getting out of trouble luckily. being friends with calum was quite easy unlike me usually. i find making friends a difficult task since i moved from texas to sydney. we made the move because my dad got a huge offer to work near australia on the rigs which would give him a big promotion so we went. i was 12 when we moved, we have lived in syndey for 5 years. the bad thing was my mum and dad had to leave both of their families behind.

i had always been the quieter one out of my sibling but being the youngest you couldn't really talk that much. sam being the oldest, 22, jessica and rebecca my twin sisters being the middle child's, 19, and me being the youngest, 17.

sam was smart, he was a straight A student when he was at school. he managed to get into harvard where he moved for college years. he liked parties as well though. i remember being scared when i was younger and hearing him slamming the door at 2 in the morning coming in drunk and then throwing up in the toilet. sleeping in till 4pm the next day with a hangover. however, he studied as hard as he partied.

jessica was apparently a gorgeous intelligent young girl. i don't disagree she is beautiful. but she used to ignore boys at school because all they cared about was sex and she wasn't interested. she was sweet and had close friends. but then she got a boyfriend who fucked her up. he hurt her mentally and physically just at the age of 17. she went to so much therapy, my parents didn't like talking about it and tried to not tell me but i eventually found out because i asked her what the cuts were on her thighs. she hasn't had any boyfriends since then, i truly felt sorry for her. at the minute she is fine and we all care about her.

lilly, on the other hand, was a slut, bitch, idiot and anything else like that. my parents had to ban her from bringing people, especially boys, into her bedroom. she had fucked most of the football team and probably half of the school. my parents were ashamed of her but she never listened, she didnt care. she ignores me she said I'm a waste of space and if i talk to her I'm wasting her time. it used to make me upset but now I'm used to her being a bitch towards me. the annoying thing is she's really pretty and she used to be so nice until she started hanging around with her new group of friends when she started to become popular. she's never in the house anymore anyway which I'm quite glad about.