Part 26

“Just go with the back story,” I told Sid.

“I suppose we had better get back to the grind then,” moaned Arthur as he packed his bunk away and closed the TV.

“Right,” affirmed I, “you need to help Lizzie with some pirates.”

“Lizzie and the pirates,” mused Sid, “that sounds like a British pop group from the sixties.”

The Queen Isabella floated over the sea towards Tyreen. She was a most modern airship and her five man crew had been joined by Lizzie McBean and her, ahem, friend.

They had not noticed but, in a cove, the Prince Cardelian lay in wait for them. Domino, its Captain, had had a run in with the Isabella before and was itching for a rematch.

“Itching for a rematch,” commented Sid still from the comfort of his IWT’s white room, “that sounds like scratching yourself with a box of reusable matches.”

“Veree funnee,” noted Arthur. Then he spoke to me, “do we have to bash him up or what?”

“Hang on,” … I, “I need to stretch this bit out a bit so that when the Prince Cardelian attacks you can help the Queen Isabella out.”

“Are all ships named after royalty?” asked Sid, “can’t you name one after me? Or at least my wife?”

“We only have 200 words left of this chapter,” warned Arthur, “we shall have to hurry up, not stretch it out.”

So Sid and Arthur appeared inside the lower deck of the Prince Cardelian.

“Hang on,” thought Sid, “don’t we need to be disguised?”

“No,” replied I, “Lizzie can’t see you here. Anyway, I want you to switch the engines off when I tell you.”

“Why?” asked Arthur.

“So that the ship falls into the sea.”

“What!” exclaimed Sid.

“Great,” co-exclaimed Arthur, “that means we’re going to get wet and I’m not in my wet suit.”

“But your second best suit will be wet,” nodded Sid.

They heard shots from above deck.

“Now?” asked Arthur.

“Another couple of shots,” said I.

Two shots later Arthur again said, “Now?”

“Yep.”

So Arthur cut the power. They stopped floating on the ceiling (I forgot to say that before but all will become clear if/when it goes to film.)

“Go to film,” glubbed Sid as he fell into the water that was now coming up through the open portholes, “sounds like what I might do if the circus came to town.”

“Funnier,” demanded I.

“Directions?”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m at home and my wife wants me to find something in the garage on the top shelf. There is dust on the top of the box which is next to the box she needs. She starts to give me directions but falls off the chair.”

“So?” queried I.

“So she says ‘Go to film…’ then falls off the chair,” also glubbed Arthur as he grabbed Sid and tried to get him out of the floundering airship.