Part 24

I looked at my watch, “You’ll have to be getting onto the next bit soon though.”

“I’ll just catch up on the current episode of the Sid and Arthur cartoon.”

“I’ll let you do that, it might give you some ideas to be funnier in the next sequence.”

Sid looked a little grumpy as he settled down on the toilet seat to watch the Sid and Arthur cartoon.

“Where is he Author?” asked Arthur in a bit of a buzz.

“Hang on," Said I, because I couldn’t be in two places at once and was speaking to Sid at the time.

Arthur could see that the cart had stopped at the other end of the street. He had also seen Sid vanish. “Can you speak yet?”

Still I did not reply.

“Great,” grumbled Arthur, “I’ve lost Sid and the Author won’t speak to me.”

“Excuse me,” said a guard who had seen what was happening outside and come to have a look, “who are you?”

“Arthur,” replied Arthur.

“I don’t know an Arthur.”

“I’m new.”

“So, I need to know all of the staff on my shift, I am the chief guard after all.”

“Erm,” ermed Arthur then whispered to me, “can I go where Sid is?”

“Press your IWT button without twizzling your dials.”

He did, and vanished.

Now then, you might ask, surely Arthur would have appeared in his own white room, which of course he should have done. However this is not as funny as him turning up in Sid’s white room. He appeared right in the middle of the Sid and Arthur cartoon bit where Arthur was looking out of a train window. Now Arthur looked as though he had two heads.