Part 25

Sid did a double take, “You clot,” he said, “I thought you had two heads!”

“Well, two heads are better than one.”

“Not when they’re you, or Myxlbat after he nearly blew the 7 dimensions to smithereens by causing a paradox.” Sid switched the cartoon off, “Trust you to ruin me fun.”

“So where am I/we?” asked Arthur.

“The storage/toilet/sink area of my IWT.”

“I never knew we had one of those?”

“No, neither did I, I think the Author just invented it to get me out of that sticky situation. In fact I know he did, he wanted me to come up with ideas for it!” said Sid shockedly.

“I did need the toilet. Er, I don’t suppose you could turn around and give me a bit of privacy?” implored Arthur.

I turned around and hurt my legs at this juncture because I was writing in the car.

So, where are we? I don’t know where you are, I’m now at my daughter’s house and Sid and Arthur are in the white room. I know, I’ll just jump ahead a little.

“OK, we’re ready now Author,” said Arthur as he chomped on a ration biscuit.

“Where did you get that from?” asked I.

“There are more hideaway drawers here than just a toilet or sink,” explained Sid as he opened some more drawers, “first aid kit, microwave, E-Z add water rations, bunks for two, and…” he pushed a panel in and slid it to the side, “a plasmoid 110 inch TV.”

“That’s a little old fashioned isn’t it?” commented Arthur.

“I suppose it’s for communications rather than watching TV programmes.”

“I have just come up with a backstory to explain why this white room has such a large amount of drawers,” explained I.

“And?” expected Sid.

“It was owned by a dodgy IPP time cop who used it for smuggling, and to get away from his nagging wife. Arthur’s one only has the beds, toilet, sink and emergency rations.”

“So there are hidden compartments in here for smuggling?” queried Arthur.

“That doesn’t make sense,” thought Sid, “it’s already a secret interdimensional white room, why should it have secret compartments? It is already a secret compartment.”