Alive and Shattered: Chapter Fifteen {Dylan's POV}

Thanks so much to wurtle for the amazing banner on the side!      

Dylan’s POV

I snorted as Peter tumbled down the stairs. I looked over towards Jackie, who was looking down at her phone completely uninterested in Family Guy.

“Do you want to watch something else?” I suggested, wanting her to enjoy what we were watching.

“Yeah,” she snapped. “This is so dumb… but check out Ross’s instagram picture. Since when did he start to date Mackenzie? She’s disgusting. He should be dating Kyleigh or Brooke,” Jackie started, going on and on. I nodded and sighed, leaning further into the couch. I tuned her out; not wanting to hear more of her bitterness. “Ewh, look what Quinton posted.”

I glanced towards the picture; finally interested in what she was saying. Adena and Quinton were hugging each other tightly. Both of them appeared to be only three or four years old and they looked extremely happy. I found a smile creep on my face. She looked so happy in that photo.

“She looks like a pig, right?” Jackie snapped, laughing like a hyena afterword.

“Really?” I questioned, not seeing it at all. She stopped laughing and raised an eyebrow to me.

“What?” She snapped.

“Why do you hate Adena so much?” I questioned, obvious anger in my tone.

“She’s a disgusting, awkward, lonely… thing!”

“No, she’s a nice and caring person.” She was more than that, but I didn’t want Jackie to have more things to complain about.

“You're talking about her like you like her!” Jackie yelled. If we were in a cartoon comic, she would be red faced with steam shooting out of her ears. That’s how mad she looked.

“I do, she’s a good friend. So stop talking about her like she’s nothing but a waste of space,” the words fell out of my mouth before I had a chance to think about what I had just said. Jackie’s face scrunched up as she began exclaiming cuss word after cuss word. She rose from the couch and began screaming in my face.

“What? Why don’t you freaking date her instead, huh? If Adena’s so great how about you turn to her for a college scholarship, hmm?”

“Jackie,” I started, trying to calm her down.

“Shut up!” She screeched, storming from the room. I rolled at my eyes at her immaturity. I got up from the couch.

“Jackie! Come on!”

“No! You are being a jerk! Adena is a stupid pig and you are defending her! I am your girlfriend who gives you everything!” She yelled from the other room.

“Jackie, you’re being unreasonable!” I shouted back, anger building at what she was saying and the way she was acting. She charged back into the room, walked right up to me, and slapped me in the face. “What was that for?” I howled.  

“Get out!”

“Jackie!” I tried to tame my anger and reason with her.

“I said get out of my house!” She screamed at me. I grabbed my jacket and walked out the door, slamming it shut behind me. I stomped towards the car, throwing my door open and then slamming it shut with as much force as possible. Anger boiled in my veins, I was just so mad.