Chapter 9

((Me: So hi guys! You know how hard it is to type with a kitten licking your hand and biting your feet?! *Sigh* This is the final chapter...

Mello: *rolls my eyes* Don't all yell at once... we're coming back in a sequel that will be called 'Sociology'... so keep an eye out.

Matt: Be prepared for shocks! Wonder! And finally... a cliff hanger. Oh and does anyone want to create a cover for Sociology? We're also considering changing this cover as well...

Me: *beams* Thanks for the support! It means a lot! ThePsycho and ameliah_rech will both be appearing in Sociology as Maddy and Ash. Maddy, a young girl with a phobia of women and Ash, a girl who has a soft spot for Matt. That should be quite fun to write, a girl fighting her phobia as she has to travel with a girl and some guys ;) not telling you the guys though. There will also be two other new characters, I've decided... DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

Mello: *covers Izzy's mouth* It's a secret.

Matt: *chuckles* I'm flattered that Ash has a soft spot for me... and I'll be sure to protect Maddy... if I survive...

Mello: Right! -.-' before we spoilt the plot... Izzy owns nothing apart from the idea for this story. This chapter will be very short as its kind of an epilogue...

Me: *pushes Mello's hand off my mouth* Oh just a warning, Mello mentions his religious faith in this chapter... I'm trying hard to communicate his now-lack of faith because of all that's happened... but I am an Atheist so bare with me. Remember its been 5 years... that's long enough for Mello to 'lose' his faith. I don't mean any offence to any religious readers, please don't be mad at me! :O This is the only time I'm letting Mello mention his faith apart from his rosary... enjoy!))

Chapter 9

Mello P.O.V.

Experimental shit shouldn't be put into your blood system. That was one of the lessons and rules from Whammy's. It was dangerous, reckless and stupid- usually resulting in death. And I- as the good boy I was- always abided by that rule. Sure, I broke every other rule but never that one. I wasn't dumb enough to risk my own with experimental goods... nor did I want to risk Matts. Yet as I watched my best friends eyes slide shut and his skin slow in it's greying, I realised the experimental cure that had been injected into Matt might work.

That doesn't mean I didn't freak out.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU INJECT INTO HIM?!" I bellowed, narrowing my eyes at the devil who sat innocently in the seat beside me. Innocent my fucking ass. He looked out of the windscreen at something and ignored me completely. Who does he think he is, ignoring me... the great Mihael Keehl?! He must be crazy! Or very very brave and stupid... I think the latter. "Look..." Nick whispered and I glared at him.

"Fuck no, kiddo. Can't you see that Matt's in pain?!"

"Mello... Sam's dead. Really dead. You left her out there." Oh yeah... I gave Nick a regretful look as I looked at Matt. Sam had died, completely this time... because of me. Would Mail Jeevas forgive me... or will Matt hide his emotions and claim everything's okay? They were two different people inside the same body... one who was open and showed himself... the other who was calm and relaxed all the time. I placed my hand over Matt's heart and grimaced as I felt it beating slower than it should. I wouldn't let him die... not after I came all this way to save him! Why couldn't he have waited for me to arrive?!

No trust!

"He and Sam created it..." Nick's voice broke me out of my thoughts and I looked at him curiously.

"Created what?"

"You've already forgotten?" Nick asked amused then continued on to explain, "the experimental liquid we injected into Matt... him and Sam created it together. Sam was going to check it was safe before we injected it... but then she got transformed..." His voice trailed off and I froze as I took it all in. Matt told us to inject him... with something that might've killed him.