Chapter 5- Trip down memory lane

((Matt: *sigh* Hey reader, it's me. Mello's gone out for chocolate and Izzy's coughing like mad and refusing to move from her bed... so you've only got me today. Izzy did ask me to say 'Thank you for the comments, even if there isn't many they still make me feel warm and fuzzy inside ^.^' so there you are.

Mello: *walks in carrying three bags full of chocolate* I'm hoooooooome Ma- Wait, we're uploading another chapter?

Matt: *face palm*

Mello: *glares at Matt then puts the bags in the kitchen on a counter, walks back to Matt then looks at the reader* So yeah, any questions or reviews ask us on the comments bit or follow Izzy and send her a private message on the subject.

Matt: *sigh* Izzy owns nothing but the plot for this story and it may contain swearing. Also here's a shout out to the two people who commented- kingforadaysws and ThePsycho- on this story, you guys rule.

Mello: *holds out cookies* You two both get cookies... *pulls out Matt and Mello plushies* and these plushies ((Note- these plushies are only Internet/imaginary plushies, not actual ones. Please don't sue me or send angry unicorns after me! :O))... and already have Izzy following you so... thanks :D

Matt: So here's chapter 5, I think this book will be a novella instead of a long novel.

Mello: Agreed but lets not tell Izzy, I think she'd cry. *glances at the reader* Italics mean its memory speech spoken by me in Matt's head by the way. Enjoy folks.

Matt: *nudges Mello* Should we mention this chapter is only in my point of view?

Mello: *rolls eyes* They'll figure it out Matty.))

Matt P.O.V.

Darkness.

That's all I could see when I thought I had awoke. No orange tints, no Mario running across my Nintendo DS screen... just plain darkness. I couldn't feel anything apart from an overpowering numbness that blocked my emotions and senses from me. Opening my mouth, I tried to yell out but no sound occurred. A rush went straight into my mouth and I choked on nothing, my hands slowly moving to my neck and my eyes jolting open. I was being cocooned in a tight liquid, but I couldn't see it. Hell I could barely feel it. My ears felt like they were pressurised, my heart stammering unevenly. I couldn't think, I couldn't move... I felt like stone. With effort, I thought about Samantha and Nick... and Mello.

My best friend Mello, Mihael Keehl.

The man- no, the boy I'd always count on, I always loved as a brother and a friend... the boy I'd missed for years.

The pressure became too much for me and I let out a silent scream knowing I was going to die when suddenly a hand clamped down on my shoulder and I was yanked out of the liquid. Quickly I was slammed onto a hard object that pricked me and someone started pressing hard on my chest above my heart, swearing under their breath. The liquid I had been submersed in started creeping up my throat from my lungs and I pushed my saviour away, coughing it up beside me. Slowly I opened my eyes to see the familiar grass I hadn't seen in years as it had long since died. I glanced at the liquid before me and saw it was the deep pool we used to have at Whammy's. My saviour was silent while I took in everything until the silence was aggravating.

"Oiy kid, you okay? I didn't mean to push you in." My saviour asked me and I slowly turned my gaze towards him. I'd recognise that voice anywhere, but it was too young. Way too young. And the sentence...

"Mello?"

He grimaced at me, his childlike features angered by the fact I knew his name. "Alright wise guy, how'd you know my name?" He asked angrily, clenching his fists and glaring at me. I glanced down at myself and my eyes widened in surprise- I was my 6 year old self again. My goggles lay too big around my neck and my furry vest was smaller then it was, but all in all my outfit was drenched. Slowly I looked at him again and whispered, "Sorry. I shouldn't be here. What year is it?" I was trying not to freak out. I mean, how would you react if you were young again?