Chapter 1

((Matt: Wait a moment... Why is Izzy uploading a new story...?

Mello: Don't ask... Please don't ask...

Me: HELLLLLLOOOOOO WORLD! This is Izzy McTinoshinx, your most favouritist author ever!

Mello: *whispers to Matt* She lies...

Me: *throws a book at Mello, not looking at him* I should be uploading TTNABD right now but this idea came to me after watching the film I Am Legend! So yeah... I couldn't just... Let my mind forget it...

Mello: -.- Fine.

Matt: Izzy doesn't own Death Note or I Am Legend, she only owns... This idea for a book.

Me: ENJOY!

Matt: Oh, by the way, In this fanfiction Light gives up the Death Note and L is alive, so yeah... It's in my P.O.V., since I'm Izzy's joint number one favourite Death Note character -.-

Mello: AND SWEARING! *laughs* It's involved! And it's in my P.O.V. Too after a while!

Me: Oh, and this isn't much like my usual stories... It was kind of boredom xD ENJOY!))

*5 Years Ago- Matt: 15, Mello: 16 and Near: 14*

Matt P.O.V.

"-And Doctors have just discovered a cure for Cancer thanks to the help of a generous donation from Quillsh Wammy, the famous inventor and founder of an Orphanage in Winchester! Now, onto reporter Kiyomi Takada, with the live interview of Doctor Kojima Soujiro who..." The news presenter beamed as she continued, but by this point I was sprinting to me and Mello's bedroom. My ears were burning, I wasn't really sure whether I heard right or not.

Quillsh Wammy, founder of the Wammy Orphanage for gifted children, helped cure Cancer! I manoeuvred less then gracefully past the other orphans in the hallway, determined to get to our room. "Damn it!" I yelled as I crashed into the overly annoying albino Near as he walked down the corridor in his usual white pyjamas and clutching a robot close to his body.

"Why are you rushing, Matthew?" Near questioned in a monotone, making me grimace.

"My name's Matt, not Matthew. And why should I tell you, freakish albino sheep?" I hurried, before sprinting past him. Stupid sheep. I need to get there now! I skidded into the bedroom after a few minutes, breathing hard. Damn! I really need to exercise more... But that's effort."Mello! Oiy -" I took a gulp of the sweet nectar that was air, "-bastard, you hear my voice?!"

Leaning forward with my hands on my knees, I glanced in the room and saw my best friend and boss (as other kids seemed to think) Mello. He had abandoned his book on the desk- Psychology, I noted with a smirk- and was staring at me with a raised eyebrow and a hint of concern and annoyance in his eyes. "What, Matt?" He grumbled, trying to act tough and angry- I saw through that easily, like looking though a window that thinks it's a door-, "I'm trying to revise!"

"Quillsh... Cancer... Cure!" I choked out, grinning when Mello laughed.

"You do know I watched it on TV in here and you didn't need to run... Right?" He smirked at me. I gaped at him like a goldfish at the marvelling revelation then folded my arms and stormed over to my bed.

"Well... Well... I wanted to run! To get exercise!" I grumbled my pathetic excuse- I really needed an energy drink, I thought I was suffering withdrawal from the lack of caffeine- then lay down on my bed. Flinging my arm out, I grabbed my DS and turned it on. The familiar screen lit up and I clicked start, then Pokemon Platinum.

Ahh, finally... I can just relax... Too much exercise over the last ten minutes...

"Matt...." There was a squeak as the chair Mello was sat on moved, but I blanked it.