Author's note

Me: Hi guys! So, this is the author's note... you see, two people have entered the competition and right now are pretty much joint winners. SO! I came up with an idea.

Mello: *face palm* An idea...?

Me: Yeah! I'll let Matty explain!

Matt: *sigh* In the sequel, you lot will be seeing two new characters... two girls who know Matt, Mello, L and BB. I won't tell you much because the next two chapters are a dramatic change and will leave you on the edges of your seats. If anyone else enters the competition though, they may still enter the sequel.

Me: Yeah. I have two spaces available, I made sure I had two for first place cause I love you guys so much that I knew I wouldn't be able to choose >.< If I don't get two other entries, I willllllll....

1- Make up two new characters based off Death Note's other characters. -probably appearance wise the same but not personality.

2- Leave the idea and just go with the two entries.

Or 3- Do a random name picker to decide who is the ultimate winner.

So! I better get on with the story! I'll leave a preview of the next chapter here in the author's note.

PREVIEW

Matt's P.O.V.

His eyes narrowed into a glare and his fist clenched some of the t-shirt I was wearing. "Apologise. Now Matty." He snarled and I smirked as strongly as I could. In defiance, I spit into his face. My best friend flinched before giving me the death glare. Heh, I've seen scarier. He was losing his touch.

"Fuck no, Mels. I'm right! You look like a girl!" I laughed, inwardly flinching at the gravel-like voice I had right now as I tried to disguise my pain. What pain? I'll explain later. Hey, I need to keep you in suspense right? "I don't!" Mello whined childishly and flicked me in the forehead, "Now shut up I'm trying to keep you alive."

"Alive? I'm not dying." I scoffed and turned my head slowly towards Nick. The poor kid had been through way more than he should of. "You okay, N?" I asked quietly and he nodded tiredly. Grinning slightly, I went to turn my head back to try and insult Mello more-

-When my head started pounding, my heart racing. Sweat built up on my forehead and I moaned quietly as fear washed over me. "Matt?!" Two voices rang out and they sounded like they were in bubbles, their voices quieter than they should be. "Shit!" The closest voice swore loudly and I got one more glimpse at them, at Mello, before my vision went. Darkness surrounded me and I began to freak out, tossing my head side to side. "M-Mel?!" I yelled and tried to listen for a reply.

My hearing went.

"N! Sam! Anyone?!" I cried, feeling my heart beat increasing too rapidly. I couldn't believe it. No sound, no sight. I fought as hard as I could to hear, that's all I needed. To hear! Harder I fought, trying to desperately hear their voices. N and Mels. Nick and Mello. Mels and N. Mello and Nick! Either way, it sounded right! My two friends, my family... For them!

I'd fight...

For them!

I gasped in a deep breath as my hearing returned. I'd broken through the barrier... just to hear the dreaded words Mello was saying.

"He's been infected!"

End of Preview guys!

So how'd you like it? :D