Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

My actions speak for me, thought Megatronus as he crouched inside an abandoned hut. I am too much of a disgrace to even go by my own name anymore.

He was hiding in an abandoned portion of Cybertron, where the native inhabitants had previously lived upon nomadically wandering the surface of their world. Megatronus realized that he was just like them. A nomad without a home. He was sure that any other Prime not at large somewhere else on the other side of the planet was living alone as he was. That was what events of war had done to him. Reduced him to these pathetic conditions. He deserved them, yet he strangely wanted more than this. As always.

The time period categorized as the War of the Primes had lasted for quite some time. Many solar cycles had passed since the destruction of the Tower of the Primes, and since then, society upheld (and consisting of) the Primes had fallen. Allegiances had sparked and diffused in short matters of time. Know one knew whose side to be on.

Prima and Liege Maximo were obviously not looked to as leaders, so they usually fended for themselves. Alpha Trion and Vector Prime were then seen as ones to follow, but Alpha Trion believed himself a weak leader, and Vector Prime was missing in action ever since leaving on the day of the first battle. No one knew where he was now.

The others didn't have leadership capabilities as well as the ones mentioned. They usually teamed up just to watch each other's backs, but eventually split up over some conflict. Alchemist Prime had briefly clashed with Onyx Prime after an argument about Alchemist's secret experiments. Quintus Prime had briefly hidden with Nexus Prime before Nexus' grief made himself lash out in violent ways. Prima had only found Thirteen before the youngest Prime fled him to reach Alpha Trion, his trust shattered.

This and more was what carried on across the surface of this great world. Once great, it seemed by now. Now, beings once seen as gods now were in far less than pleasing conditions. But it would not stay that way. Megatronus would end this was himself. He was going to kill Liege Maximo in the way that the traitor deserved, or worse. Then, he would cease the conflict -- by subjugating the rest of his brethren. He didn't know whether or not he would be a better leader than Prima, but he still wanted the chance at power. When this was all over, he would seize the chance of power he had always wanted... and get his revenge on Maximo.

Or, he could do what was right, and simply leave after this so-called "war" was over. He would eliminate the mastermind behind the conflicts, then exile himself from Cybertron. He was a danger to the future, a menace to society, and a despised murderer. He wondered if there would ever be a funeral for Solus Prime. If so, he would make sure she was given one upon Maximo's termination. Either way, he needed to kill the devious trickster before he was finished with this petty war.

He was just waiting for when the manipulator would make himself known. Liege Maximo had been in hiding for quite some time now, and none knew his location... yet. By now, they had successfully created starships, worked wonders in genetic scientific pursuits, and developed weapons of untold might! Surely, tracking one elusive bot down wouldn't be a challenge for the other ten. Megatronus was just going to wait until they discovered him again, then make his move.

During the time period categorized as the "War of the Primes", he had continually rethought his purpose in life, and what he was to do with his future. He knew what to do now, but what about afterwards? One thing he knew for sure was that he was changing his name. Megatronus was the name his creator had given him, when Primus made him to be a Prime.

By now, he denounced that rank, and decided that he would go by a title, instead. He would go by a name that matched who he was now, and would reflect on his past actions. After solar cycles of consideration, he finally decided upon one. A title to send fear and remembrance into the hearts of any foe and anyone he knew.