Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Alpha Trion fell back into his chair. War? How was that possible? The thought was astronomical, unbelievable, and nonsensical. The less educated of the Thirteen would not even know what the word meant, nor the idea of its definition. It was impossible.

Unless... it involved Megatronus and Solus Prime. But they were close lovers. They would never have any reason to start a war began by a death. He looked down over his writings again, searching for an answer to this mystery. Then he found another name. Liege Maximo. He was going to cause Megatronus to want to meet with Solus, an encounter with unknown consequences.

Alpha Trion's head began spinning with thoughts. He couldn't keep it from happening, it was written in the Covenant of Primus. Who knows what would happen if he told the others? But what would happen if he did nothing? If it was to happen, then who was he to prevent it? This is a curse, he thought to himself, a sense of disgust and ingratitude. To know what will happen, but be forever unable to alter it was torture to the mind.

Unless there was a way. What if he was to write something of his own into the Covenant? If he just wrote it down, then he could create his own destiny. He could write that all his enemies would be destroyed. That every secret of the Thirteen would be revealed. That he could even...

No, he thought in the middle of his reverie. He blinked back into the real world, realizing that he was thinking very dark thoughts. If he could really control history with his Quill, then he could literally do anything. If he wrote that Cybertron would be destroyed, then it would actually happen --

"No!" he yelled out, shaking his head as if to shake those thoughts out. This was the darkness within him sprouting with new knowledge. He truly possessed the greatest power in the universe, and he was feeling very tempted to use it. That was the seed inside him, messing with the functions of his mind.

He needed to get rid of it. It was even more torturous than the knowledge of what was to happen in the near future. He needed to make a decision.

The Archivist could either tell his brothers what was to happen, therefore possibly altering the course of decided history. Or he could alter it personally by writing a different ending with a good outcome. Either could have drastic, unknown consequences. Unless he did nothing. If he influenced nothing or revealed nothing, then maybe it would go accordingly.

Three decisions. And he had to choose one. Hand shaking, he picked up the Quill and looked over the Covenant. He knew what he should choose. He lowered the golden writing utensil and wrote something of his own accord, something he had never done before. This he would do to make one small change.

Secrets will be uncovered. At the moment he wrote those words, he felt wrong. As if the balance of the universe had just shifted, tilted off balance. He himself suddenly felt dizzy, shaken. His mind changed its thinking pattern, and he felt the pressing need to tell everyone what he knew and had just done. Of what the future would tell. And he wasn't the only one.

Across Cybertron, wherever the members of the Thirteen were, they all suddenly stumbled and they all had new thoughts come into their minds -- to either reveal their own secrets or to exploit the secrets of their fellow Primes.

Megatronus wanted to tell Solus Prime about his true personality and inner evil even further than he had already. Alchemist Prime desired to tell Onyx Prime that he had made secret experimentations based on him. Quintus Prime had the notion to not only show everyone his Emberstone, but also explain its secret power. Vector Prime wished to find out everyone's secret so that he could leave this universe in peace knowing what needed to be known. And Liege Maximo wanted more than ever to know the secrets of all his fellow Primes, even more so than convincing Megatronus of the Apex Armor. Not that he didn't already want that or know most of them. But Maximo knew Prima was hiding something for sure.