Chapter Five

Chapter Five

The discharge of the Requiem Blaster came out in a colossal blast of red-hued energy that continued spreading after leaving the barrel, and it shook the mountain home through its foundations from its vibration. And the main beam, unstoppable and plowing through everything, blew right through Solus' chest and the side of the mountain. As it did, the whole building either collapsed or was launched over a mile away from the blast. Just like when it was first used, the mountain range was shaken to its foundation. Rocks shattered into dust. Supports collapsed. Detritus scattered in the direction of the eruption. Among the debris forced back by the discharge was the body of Solus Prime.

She flew dozens of mechanometers down and landed on the plains amidst the rest of the wreckage and ruin. She bounced and skidded on her back, unmoving, a look of shock frozen on her eyes.

Right after pulling the trigger, Megatronus felt his soul die. He wished with all his heart he had not just done that. He hadn't. He couldn't have done this He hadn't fired it, he hadn't shot Solus Prime, she was not lying in pain and fear around a bunch of wreckage that was not there. As he stumbled toward her, he kept telling himself it had not happened. Everything was in a daze, as if he was not awake. He was in a state of shock, and he barely noticed what was around his feet. He had only one destination. To Solus.

What he just done? I didn't do it, he thought. I would never. This isn't real. Then what was it?

You killed her, came a voice in his head. You can't accept the truth, but you did. The darkness within you is finally making its way out. You are a monster.

No, he thought to himself. I would never do that. This he kept telling himself as he continued running through the debris. He finally stopped at where she lay. He could hardly bear to look at the molten hole in her chest, but made sure to see her eyes. She looked up at him, and he noticed that she was still alive. But barely.

Megatronus fell to his knees and picked her up, not breaking eye contact. If he could have cried, he would have. For the look on her eyes was one of disbelief and horror. He had fired the Requiem Blaster upon her, and they both knew it. He had killed her. Her being alive a little longer only prolonged the grief and the inevitable. How could she feel towards him now?

He continued looking her in the eyes, wanting her to know how absolutely sorry he was, how he wanted more than anything for that to have never happened. But he couldn't bring himself to say it. It wouldn't do justice.

"Solus..." he said, pulling her closer. She couldn't be dead. He would not allow it. He rejected the truth, and he would never accept that such an awful deed could be...

"Megatronus," Solus whispered. He was shaken from his reverie of denial by her words. He directly at her, his crimson red eyes reflecting off of her own violet eyes. Then she spoke again. One last time. "My love for you is undying..."

And those were her final words. She suddenly smiled at him, smiled at her very killer, then her head fell back and the glow left her eyes. She was gone, left to join with the Allspark. The first of all deaths on Cybertron.

All around Cybertron, it seemed that every living being felt it, not just the Thirteen Primes. They all seemed to collapse with a shudder greater than the one felt when Alpha Trion inscribed his own words into the Covenant. It brought Megatronus to drop Solus Prime's body and collapse on the ground, curl into a ball, and wail. He cried without tears, like he never had before, and never would again. He was in the deepest depths of grief, a piteous wreck of emotions.

Somewhere else on the planet, Amalgamous Prime, who had been working on a bunch of things at once with his ever-unfocused mind and multiple limbs, suddenly stopped, feeling a sudden sense of loss, like he lost something very dear to him and knew not yet what it was. It completely took up his mind, that one feeling. That had never happened to him before. And somewhere else, likely in a separate timeline, Vector Prime felt a disturbance that extended beyond the boundaries of space and time... that same emotional disturbance.