Chapter 1

"Please don't go speeding," my mother frowned as she looked at me with pleading eyes. I could see in her eyes that she was hoping I wouldn't get myself into any trouble once again.

"Don't worry, mother. I won't," I lied, holding in my smile at the fact that I was getting my way once again.

"Alright, here. Make sure to put gas in the car," my mother replied with a skeptical frown as she handed me her car keys.

"Thank you, mom," a smile lit up on my face as I took the keys away from my mother.

Grabbing my purse and exiting the house, I walked over to my mother's black BMW and got in, smiling eagerly. After all the reckless things I had done, I couldn't understand why my mother would let me go with her car, after wrecking hers two months ago, but I'm not complaining. Starting the engine, I pulled out of my mother's driveway and began speeding towards my destination.

I fumbled with the radio button as I switched through the different stations. Just as I was about to switch it again, one of my favorite songs came on, causing a smile on my face as I turned up the radio, singing along to 'Bad Girls' by M.I.A.

I sang along with the song, speeding down the road faster, the wind roughly blowing into my face. My eyes dropped down to the speedometer to see that I was driving a little over the speed limit, then went back to the road, ignoring the speed limit.

As I drove further, I saw a red light. I smirked to myself as I sped right past it, causing many cars to honk their horns, some even yelling profanities at me.

"Sorry!" I yelled out as I laughed without a care in the world.

A sudden loud siren had me glancing in the rear view mirror to see a cop car behind me, causing me to groan in annoyance as I sped up, not wanting to be bothered by the police.

"Excuse me, miss. Please, pull over. I repeat! Pull over!" a male voice spoke in that receiver thingy. I faltered a bit at the sound of the officer's voice. It was so husky and deep, I just knew he was attractive from that alone.

Ignoring his demands, I smirked as I raised up my middle finger, but it turned into a frown when I saw that he was catching up to me. The front of his car suddenly bumped into the back of my mother's car, causing me to jerk forward slightly, the seat-belt pushing me back.

"Shit!" I muttered angrily.

I abruptly made a left turn, my tires screeching as I did so, but silently cursed when I saw that I reached a dead end, leaving me no choice but to stop the car.

"Fuck me," I sighed heavily as I came out of the car. "Look officer, I'm sorry for speeding. I kind of have a bad history with cops and--" I stopped speaking as the officer came out of the car.

Turns out I was right. He was attractive. His dusty brown hair was a mess on top of his head. My eyes gazed at his muscles that were showing through the black t-shirt he was wearing. Blue eyes stared deeply into mine as he walked towards me, oozing power and confidence.

I was much too distracted by the man to realize my inner wolf was trying to tell me something.

"He's our mate," my wolf said.

"What?!" I was honestly surprised. I had always wanted a mate, but I definitely didn't expect to be meeting him under such circumstances.

"License and registration please," my handsome mate demanded.

I squinted my eyes as I eyed him up and down, confused as to why he wasn't claiming me as his as most wolves did when first meeting their mates.