Chapter 3

"Maria, that's enough," Nathan growled at the bitch who had the audacity to call my mate babe.

"Why is she calling you babe, Nathan?" I looked to him for answers and he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"It's a long story," he sighed.

Grabbing his hand, I dragged him outside of the kitchen where we could talk privately.

"Who is she?" I hissed at him.

"She's my..." he trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Well?" I crossed my arms and glared at him, waiting to hear his response.

"She's my ex."

"She doesn't seem to think so."

"We broke up a week ago. She still tries to get me back, but she doesn't understand that I don't want to be with her anymore. I have you now," Nathan tried to reassure me.

I stayed silent as my thoughts went wild. Is this one of the secrets Niall was talking about? Maria being Nathan's ex? But if they were exes why would it be a secret? Unless...

"You're upset," Nathan sighed.

"Nathan, who is that and why was she staring at me?" Maria suddenly approached us, glaring at me the entire time.

"Maybe because you had your filthy hands on my mate and you called him babe," I snapped at her.

"Delilah, right now isn't—" Nathan began but I cut him off.

"Shut up."

"This is who you left me for, Nathan? Who would want to be mates with such a spoiled brat?" Maria plastered a fake smile onto her annoying face.

"Excuse me? Don't make me put my hands on you, bitch!" I let my anger get the best of me, not caring what came out of my mouth.

"I'd like to see you try, bad girl!" she yelled back with just as much anger.

"Both of you need to cut it out!" Nathan butted in as he stepped in front of me.

"She started it!" Maria and I yelled simultaneously.

"That's enough!" Nathan growled as he pulled me into his side. The pack members were watching the altercation, some with wide eyes and others seemed to be entertained.

"Maria, you should leave," Nathan ordered Maria, a hard look on his face.

"But Nathan—"

"Now!" Nathan's voice lowered an octave as he used his alpha tone on her, giving her no choice but to follow her Alpha's orders.

"Yes, alpha," Maria frowned as she bowed her head in defeat and left the two of us.

"Same goes for all of you," Nathan ordered the rest of the pack members and they all began scrambling away quickly.

Once they left, Nathan's face softened as he turned to me. "Delilah, I'm sorry."

"You know what? I don't want to hear it. It doesn't even matter anymore. It happened before you met me. Now, it's been a long day. If I'm going to be staying here, I'd like to be shown to my room." I ignored his apology, not wanting to deal with the situation anymore.