Chapter 14

Jackson smirked before vanishing into thin air. My eyes looked around the room but he was nowhere to be found.

"Where did he go?" I asked in confusion.

"You will see," Crystal replied.

There was a loud 'whooshing' sound in the air and Jackson suddenly appeared on the couch again with a peculiar looking stone in his hands.

"What in the world is that and where did you get it from?"

"It's called Baetylus. It's a sacred stone, which was supposedly endowed with life. According to the ancient sources, these objects of worship were meteorites, which were dedicated to the gods or revered as symbols of the gods themselves," Jackson explained.

"How do you know so much about it?"

"My powers are chronoportation, or in other words, time travel, and superhuman intelligence. I can travel and send others to either the future or the past. I traveled back in time to get the stone. As for superhuman intelligence, it's quite self explanatory," Jackson explained.

I couldn't help but smile at him. His powers were so awesome.

"Such a nerd," Jade teased as she stuck her tongue out at him.

"It's my turn. My powers improved since our last game," Crystal squealed with excitement as she stood up with a big smile on her face.

Crystal suddenly began singing a sweet melody. I gasped at the beauty of her voice.

My heart is pierced by cupid

I disdain all glittering gold

There is nothing can console me

But my Jolly sailor bold

I watched as she stared at Jackson with a seductive glint in her eye. Jackson's mouth hung open as he started walking towards her like he was in a trance.

Crystal continued singing and Jackson now stood directly in front of her, staring at her in adoration. She grabbed his face in her hands and leaned forward to kiss him. Her lips got closer and closer to his and then she suddenly slapped him.

"What the fuck was that for?!" Jackson yelled as he held his cheek. Crystal smirked at him.

"I'm a Siren. Back in the Greek Mythology days, we were known to be dangerous, yet beautiful creatures. We lured nearby sailors with our enchanting voices to shipwreck on the rocky coast of islands. But now, we're no longer dangerous. We still lure people, mostly males, with our voices, but we don't kill them. Instead, we can make them do whatever we want." Crystal explained.

"That's why Jackson wanted to kiss you," I laughed at Jackson's facial expression. He looked like he wanted to run for the hills.

"Yes," she beamed.

"Why did you slap me then?" Jackson asked with a slight growl.

"You have superhuman intelligence. You're supposed to be smart enough to know when someone's messing with your head and be able to resist!" Crystal snapped.

"Don't try to put the blame on me. It's your siren powers. They're obviously getting stronger because they never used to work on me!" Jackson yelled.

"Well maybe you should—" Crystal was cut off by her brother.

"Would you two please stop yelling at each other before I rip your heads off!"

"Technically, you won't do that because Crystal is your sister and we've been friends since we were in diapers," Jackson said with a smirk.