Chapter 10

Hi guys! I want to thank everyone for the support... espiecally Sorglegt! Remember to tell me your thoughts on the story!
-----------------------------

"What!?" My parents yell at the same time. I nod. "I know, New York City is far, but it's worth it. Being a lawyer sounds like an....honor!"

My mom and dad yell, "A lawyer?!" at the same time again. I put my hands on my hips. "You guys were the ones who wanted me to get a good job. And I'm doing whatever it takes. So be proud of me, please." 

My parents smile and get up. They held out their arms and wrapped them around me.

"Honey we are very proud of you!" My mom exclaimed. My dad nods and tells me, "We just weren't expecting you getting fired and suddenly wanting to go to New York for a job to be a lawyer."

I laugh and feel tears forming in my eyes, blurring my vision. I take my hand and wipe them away.

"So, I'm gonna call them and talk to them." My parents pull away, allowing me to go upstairs and in my bedroom.

I sat down on my bed, grasping onto my phone. Then I hear muffled voices coming downstairs.

I get up and put my ear against the door.

"We can't let her go," I hear my mom say. My dad agrees. "Yea, because then she might see Cody."

I gasp and slap my hand over my mouth. Now they were silent, so they must've heard me.

My parents want to keep me from going to New York? Why does Cody have to do with it? My worrying thoights fly around my head, but soon I feel a rush of anger.

I push open the door and stomp downstairs. "What?! So you're just gonna trap me here and lie about being so proud of me?"

My parents look at each other as if they were surprised that I heard them. "Don't give each other that innocent look or I will shove it down your throats! Tell me why you don't want me to go!"

My parents were shocked at my threat, but they obeyed and said, "We don't want you to see Cody."

My eyes widen. Now for the next question. "Why not!?"
My parents sigh. "You will be too depressed to leave him. And we know you have a life here."

My anger begins to go away as I realized that they were right. If I saw Cody, I wouldn't want to leave. If I stayed in New York, I would be leaving my family and Justin here.

But then I felt sadness when I thought about how much I missed Cody. I looked at my parents. "I can if I want! I'm going to New York whether you like it or not!"

I run upstairs and collapse on my ned, tears streaming down my cheeks.

Even if I don't get accepted for the job in New York, I'm going there.

For Cody.