Chapter 6

I want to thank you guys for all the views and votes! It means the world to me! And please tell me your opinion of this story in the comments. Thank you!! :D
-----------------------------------------------------------

Its been a week and I still didn't find a good job. Even if I did, they probably won't except me.

My parents were astonished when they found out, but they eventually got over it and were just encouraging me to get a job.

If Cody was here, he would help me. But boo-hoo for me, he's gone. Speaking of Cody, I got over him really quickly. I mostly sent the letter because I wanted to stop the drama going on between us and just be friends and move on.

The letter!

I should check if he wrote back! If he did, I would be surprised but happy st the same time.

I run out the door and down the drive way. I stop in front of the mailbox and open it quickly.

I look inside and see that there was one letter. I grab it and look at the front. There was a smiley-face sticker in the middle and above it, in pen, was written Scarlet.

I smile and wrip the envelope open as I ran back inside and up to my room.
I pull out the folded piece of paper and began reading the letter in excitement.

Dear Scarlet,

Oh my gosh, thank you for that letter. It helped me stop worrying about you over there. So, in New York, I got the job. My family was happy that I finally have a career that will help. The city is beautiful, espiecally at night. I love to go on the cliff and look at the Statue of Liberty, which is something I've wanted to see ever since I was little. Its great. Oh, and Scarlet, I hope that you find a boy that you truly love. It will make me the happiest man alive if you were happy.

Yours truly,
Your friend Cody

I smiled to myself and went to my desk. I pulled out a piece of paper and wrote down my letter with the pen.

I just told him about how I went to the party and I met the guy named John and how he tried to kiss me but I pushed him. I also told him how I got fired because of John.

I sealed up the letter and wrote ghe address on the back. I stuck on a stamp and quickly drove to the post office to drop it off.

I parked in the front and climbed out the car with the letter in my hand. I walk to the door and pushed it open. I entered the building until all of a sudden I heard two men... screaming at each other. It sounded like it was coming from down the hall.

I tip-toed to where I hear the men. I finally saw them. One was short and skinny, while the other was tall and muscular, which I believe will win the fight.

There were people surrounding the two, which invited me to join in and watch.

"Give me back my money!" The tall one yelled. The short one crossed his arms. "Yea, right! Your money? I simply dropped it from my pocket, went to pick it up, and now you're all in my face!"

The tall one balled up his fist and grunted as he swung at the shorter man, which made me jump in shock.

He yelped and fell to the ground. He put his hand on his chin, and when he took it off, there was blood on his fingers and chin.

I need to get out of here.

I bite my lip and turn around on my heel, then walk to the exit, hearing the two men arguing from behind me.

I went back home and it was getting late, making me more tired every minute.

I finally fell to a light, uncomfortable sleep.