Chapter 2

Sorry that I haven't updated in a while... I got off track. I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter and I am sooo happy that I already got three votes! Thanks for everything!

Cody hasn't come to my house anymore, leaving me and my cat Chewy all alone. I can't stop thinking of him. I loved him. He was my everything.

I watch TV for a while before I hear my phone ring. I pause the TV and look at the caller ID. Oh god. It's him.

I bite my lip and answer. "Hello?" I ask, and my voice cracked. "Hey," I hear Cody's voice say. "Hey," I say back.

There was an awkward silence before he said, "I'm so sorry for telling you so late. I love you, Scarlet. I don't want to stop loving you just because how far I will be."

I smile to myself. He still cares about me. Which means I should apologize. "Cody, I am so sorry for how I acted. I hope that you will understand. Please forgive me and when you're in New York.... please don't forget about me."

I imagine Cody giving me a smile with his soft blue eyes and pushing his brown bangs out of his face.

"Anyway," Cody said awkwardly. "How is the strip club?" I sigh and roll my eyes. "Horrible. I wish I can just murder ever man in there and leave. I would if I was able to."

Cody laughs so I laugh along. "Hey, Scarlet?" Cody asks. "Yea?" "Can we go on a date before I leave in a couple weeks?"

I giggle while petting my cat. "Of course!"

"Cool," he tells me. "I'll pick you up at six on Friday. Bye." I hang up and squeal in happiness.

But then I stop and frown. He was still leaving to New York in a couple weeks. Then I squeal again because we're going on a date.

My mind fills with different emotions as I watch my parents' car pull up in the driveway. They might be sad to hear the news about Cody moving.

I open the door to let them in. "Hi, Scarlet!" They both say and give me a big hug. "How were things while we were gone?"

I smile wryly. "About that...." I begin, sighing. "You guys need to sit down." I gesture to the couch and they both sit down.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I open them and announce, "Cody is moving to New York City in a couple of weeks."

My parents widen their eyes and gasp. They look at each other as if.... they know something. "We forgot that you guys were dating..." My dad began. Mom and dad look at each other again.

"What's wrong?" I ask them. They both look at each other one last time. "Scarlet," my dad said. "We saw Cody on the sidewalk om the way home. And he was... kissing another girl."

I felt my heart skip a beat as I widen my eyes. Soon I feel hot tears streaming down my face.

Cody was cheating on me?