I Didn't Intend For That To Happen

Chapter 14- I Didn't Intend For That To Happen

Third Person P.O.V.

1948

          "If they become anymore closer, then they might as well get married." Rebekah stated as she sat on a chair in the kitchen. She watched as Juliet rested her head in Klaus's lap as they laughed.

          Elijah moved about the room trying to think. His sisters incessant talking was not helping.

          "Why do you hate her so much, young Rebekah?" He asked while taking a moment and looking at his young blonde sister.

          She turned her gaze from the couple in the living room to her brother who had an accusing look in his eye.

          "Elijah, do not look at me like that. I don't trust her. She is way too secretive. Do you really know what she is capable of?" Her tone had an irritated sound to it and he knew not to push her more.

          Klaus looked down at Juliet who was smiling. Her hair was pushed away from her as he ran his hands through it.

          "She hates me." Juliet said. She didn't sound hurt. She didn't mind that Rebekah would love to see her head on a stake burning.

          Juliet envied it.

          Rebekah wanted her family to be safe. She didn't trust Juliet because she was powerful and any vampire could see that.

          But no one got an answer except Klaus and no one would even try to get an answer out of him.

          It would be a suicide mission.

          "No. She doesn't trust you." He stated with a smile.

2013

          It had been one month since Juliet had made Diego forget he found Juliet and Hayley.

          Juliet watched Klaus from the living room as he paced back and forth, wondering if he would ever relax.

          Marcel didn't buy that Diego had slept with a girl all night. It wasn't in Diego's style to fall into bed with a random woman.

          Marcel was onto Juliet.

          Klaus was at a loss for words when Juliet found him in his study with Elijah. He nearly broke the chair on half when he learned that Marcel no longer trusted Juliet.

          It was subtle at first. The small little things like asking her to leave when the boys were talking about how to handle the wolves who have been seen coming extremely close. Or the witches every once in a while performing spells.

          Or talking about Klaus.

          Then it was a full on: "I can't trust you. Ever since you came here, Klaus has been getting the upper hand a lot more. Makes me think you just might be working with him."

          Juliet stood, walking to the doorway, she leaned against the frame and watched Klaus as he was off in his own world.

          "Where is Elijah?" Klaus asked when he looked at her.

          She sighed. "He's following Marcel."

          And true to that he was.