Suit-Clad Elijah

Chapter 1 –Suit-Clad Elijah

Third Person P.O.V

2013

          Klaus hated losing. He hated it more than he hated both of his parents. And he just lost three of the biggest winnings ever.

        The hybrid creations, Caroline’s heart, and the most important one.

        Being king.

        "Niklaus, how are you going to take down Marcel?” Elijah asked as he walked into the room with Klaus.

        He looked up at his brother and sighed. His brother had been talking about it for days. “I plan to call in a favor from an old friend.” Klaus replied with a smile.

        “And who would this old friend be?” Elijah inquired as Klaus sipped his scotch.

        “Someone so powerful, you nor I could imagine.” Klaus remarked.

          Then, one of Marcel’s vampires walked into the room. Klaus looked at him. The man seemed to shrink back a little bit. Klaus biting one of Marcel’s followers had terrified most of them. Making the Original werewolf-vampire hybrid angry was not acceptable.

        “Marcel said he would like to see you at the bar.” The man said. His face showed no signs of emotion, but his eyes made him look scared, powerless, and weak.

“I see. Now leave.” Klaus wasn’t in the mood for games. So what if the vampire told Marcel?

        Klaus was only playing Marcel’s little game because his child’s life depended on it. Heartless or not, Klaus needed- wanted-  that child.

        “You do realize that getting help from someone the witches don’t approve of could have your child killed?” Elijah questioned.

        Klaus smiled at his brother. “I have given the witches a month and nothing has changed. Time to do it my way.” The look in his eye made a mad man sane. "And I enjoy my way more."

        “Your way always counteracts with someone dying. In this case, Haley and the child.” Elijah pointed out.

        Klaus didn’t even flinch. “With the way I chose, Hayley and that child will be safe from harm's way.” Klaus said as he took his leave from the house to go meet Marcel at the bar.

***

        Klaus walked into the bar, a smirk plastered to his face when he noticed that some of Marcel’s vampires still stepped away from him. Marcel still didn’t do anything due to the fact that Klaus could still kill him without hesitation.

        And hesitate he would not. But it would not be a wise move.

        Klaus took a seat on the bar stool next to Marcel and waited for the vampire to speak while ordering a whisky.

        “Where have you been lately, Klaus?” Marcel’s voice was accusing as if he were trying to catch Klaus in a lie.

        “Visiting family.” Klaus replied as they eyed each other. The other vampires in the room were watching them intently.

          Marcel nodded, a look crossed his face that made Klaus know he knew he was lying. He would be dammed if he told his former protégé what was going on. Marcel looked down and took a sip of his drink.

        “Well there’s a party tonight. You going to be in town? Didn't want to interrupt your family time.” Marcel stated. It didn’t sound like a question. It was a statement. But Klaus made his own rules. Not the ones Marcel lived by.

        “No, I’m going to be in New York with my brother to go see a friend of mine.” Klaus said. Marcel smiled but it seemed to contradict his alpha male title.

        Which will be brutally ripped from his hands soon.

        “Hmm, I see. Well do I know this friend?” Marcel questioned as he put quotation marks around the work friend.

        Klaus smiled and looked Marcel dead in the eye. “No. Not many people do." He told his friend as he threw down a twenty for his drink.

        He walked out of the bar and made his way to the large manor in front of him.

        “Elijah!” Klaus called out into the house. Suddenly a suit-clad Elijah walked into the room.

        “What do you need Niklaus?” Elijah asked with a tone that meant spit-it-out-already.

        "You're coming to New York City. We’re going to see an old friend.” Klaus told to his older brother.

        “And would this be the friend that is so powerful?” Elijah questioned, looking at his brother with a small secretive smile.

        “What are you not telling me?” Klaus said, completely ignoring his question.

        “Our dearest sister called. She is on her way to Italy with the Donovan boy. And who is this friend?” Elijah asked again.

        “I was never fond of him.” Klaus muttered. “And you don’t know the friend, but you’ll like her.” Klaus assured him with a smile.

        Over the month the brothers had been in New Orleans, they had grown closer. After all, Klaus’ child was going to need a moral vampire to balance out the hate in Klaus.

        “We all know you weren’t. How many times did you try to kill him? And yes, New York sounds amusing.” Elijah smiled as he reminisced about his time in The City That Never Sleeps.

        “Fantastic. We leave tonight.” Klaus smiled at his brother and proceeded to walk into his bedroom and began to pack a bag.

        This will no doubt be an interesting trip, Klaus began thinking to himself.

~ Thanks for reading!~