{008}

Joe's POV-

Hazel was a buzz of energy when she came off stage. She jumped around and squealed. Her smile was big and bright, nothing like this morning.

"Oh m-my god-d. That was the b-best thing I've ever d-done." Her words were muddled, but in an excited way, not anxious.

Hazel's POV-

Troye ran over to where Joe, Joe's friends and I were stood. The girl with the ombré hair was very petite and stunning. She had the exact same eyes as Joe, beautiful blue with a hint of green. She was holding hands with the tall brunette, he had a camera in hand and a huge smile plastered across his face. The tall blonde had similar eyes to Joe, only slightly darker.

"You fucking smashed it Haze!" Troye shouted. "I'm so fucking proud of you!" Troye then glanced at Joe and his friends.

"Zoë! Joe! Alf! Casp! I haven't seen you guys in ages!" They all hugged and chatted amongst themselves for a moment.

"I didn't know you knew Hazel!" They were all good friends because Troye looked so happy to see them.

"Joe met her yesterday and Alfie and I are really big fans! Caspar's just tagging along." The ombré answered, who I assumed was Zoë, and the tall brunette was Alfie. Which must mean that the tall blonde was Caspar.

"I have a brilliant idea! Let's all get drinks down by the pool." Caspar announced. He had a thick accent, kind of like Troye's, only even thicker. Troye was originally born in South Africa but moved to Perth when he was young. Maybe he's South African too?

Then I realised I hadn't spoken for ages. They think your stupid. Oh, Hazel, never contributing to a conversation. No surprise there.

Joe's POV-

"Um, I'll meet you guys down there. K?" Hazel's voice was shaky and uncertain.

"Is she alright?" Zoë asked. I loved Zoë because she was empathetic with everyone. She had a passion for caring.

"After show anxiety?" Troye suggested.

Hazel's POV-

I went into my hotel room, threw myself on the bed, shut my eyes and tried to relive the overwhelming experience of being on stage.

I checked my Twitter and it was filled with love from the show.

@Shannon45-
Just went to @HazelHamilton 's VidCon show! So good!

@HannahW123
@HazelHamilton smashed VidCon today!

@AmeliaB36-
@HazelHamilton is such an inspiration. Congrats on the great show! P.S. You and @TroyeSivan made me cry!

Reading such positive comments really made me tear up. I was proud of myself for taking the risk of actually coming to VidCon, not just the show.

Just as I was wiping my eyes there was a knock at the door. Joe.

"Hey... Oh why are you crying?" He hugged me, he obviously thought I was upset.

"They're happy tears!" I laughed as he released me.

"Oh! You had me worried! Are you up for drinks down the pool?"

"Lemme just get changed."

I picked a black bikini with rose gold studs around the edges, I put my hair into a bun on the top of my head. I contemplated on wether I take my makeup off or leave it on. I realised he'd seen me without makeup. He's seen me mid panic attack for gods sake!

Then I realised that we had created a friendship within 48 hours. I feel like I've known Joe my whole life. Yesterday I didn't even know the first letter of his name! Without Joe, so far I would have been a mess, well I am a mess, but maybe a more put together mess?

I threw on a lacy cover up and we left the room and headed down to the pool. We chatted about how Joe knew Troye during the elevator ride and how mine and Troye's friendship came about.

A/N- This chapters so BORING but next chapter will be good, PROMISE!

Also I'm so tired because I've been really enjoying reading 'Beautiful Broken Things' from Zoë's book club and TBH I've been reading it instead of sleeping 😂