Chapter 3

Mareta opened her eyes slowly. Everything was blurred around her. Was all this just a dream? Her eyes were aching horribly. As the place around her came into focus, she discovered that she was lying on a very soft bed in a totally unfamiliar room. This is not her room, she thought.

She tried sitting up but her legs were aching. She looked at it slowly. it was neatly bandaged with a white, soft piece of clothes. The place didn't seem so high. Her parents, the ones who took care of her were rich and so this seemed to be so down compared to her room. Why am I here? Memories of her mother and the house burning started flooding her mind.

It wasn't a dream? She moved her hands to her eyes and closed them, the green substance was now screaming, it was a lady's sound " We gave birth to a human! Throw her off Arthur! If the rest knew we would be dumped!"

"Ah! You are up sweety, you were in so much pain when i brought you here.  How are you feeling now?" A blonde, beautiful and kind-faced woman stood right in front of her, smiling cheerfuly. Mareta looked at her in shock. She was holding a cute baby in her hands.

The baby was smiling, it reminded her of the green substance again," Are you okay?" The women was looking at her wondering if she was in some kind of pain. Ann had unconsciously held her eyes tightly. "Thank you so much Auntie! I am very fine thanks to you! Are you the one who brought me here?" ,Mareta asked, intending to thank her again once she says"yes", but the answer was no.

"Wha?? No no sweety, you came here yourself." she said. "But, no i think you are much mistaken! I have been lying on a street, at least my memory can remember that!" Mareta said wondering why she was lieing. Mareta would have sweared that she have seen a frown run through her face, but she smiled quickly, "Ah maybe you are just to tired sweetheart, ill bring you some food." Her eyes were frequently looking at Mareta's eyes. 

Mareta felt uneasy, why was she behaving suspiciously? She rested my head against the pillow and closed her eyes. The green substance was still moving inside it. She opened her eyes slowly. Maybe she should be thinking more about that women's behaviour. Did she look that scary? Why did she lie anyways? Mareta would have just thanked her if she had said "yes". Mareta sighed. She was having too much trouble, more than her mind could possibly handle. She could still remember her mother's smiling face, when she told her that Mareta was a good child.

Mareta's tears flew down her eyes, she could not hold them back. Her heart was full of too much tragedies and her mind was about to burst. She didn't understand why her mother told her that the likes of her killed her father. Likes of her? Was she some kind of secret police? Or maybe she meant the like of smart people like her. Mareta was the top in her bunch at school. She chuckled at the thought. 

What happened to the computer teacher anyways? Mareta looked at her watch. The watch that had been in her hand since she was a baby. On the night her mother died, she was glnacing too frequently on it. Maybe it had some connection wit her "secret". 

Why is all this happening to her? Her watch was green, but shiny and looked more of "cool". The women is too late , she thought. what is taking her much time? Mareta decided to check on her herself. She climbed out of her bed, her leg didn't seem to be able to hold her, but was much better than before, she could at least walk. She went slowly down the spiral stairs and stopped at the end of the stairs to draw her breath.

She didn't know which way she was supposed to go, right or left? The place looked more like a maze. Mareta heard humming sound coming from the right direction. She decided that the women was there and went to the room where the sound was coming from. She opened the door slowly. About 20 men, dressed in black were standing there. Mareta was shocked, not from the black dresses or anything but from their appearances. They were not humans.

Thei face was black, that is if you would call it a face. It was hidden beneath their hats. Their body did not have two legs and two hands they stood on four legs and had 4 hands. She gulped and closed the room quietly, making sure she was unnoticed. As she was recovering from her shock, she turned her face from the door.  At the same moment, she saw the women's face looking at her.  The women was giving her a dangerous smile, "what hae you seen sweet heart? Why do you look so shocked? " Mareta felt sweat running down her face. Her bad luck was placing her in bad situations again.

"I did not see anything!" She said, she knew it was an open lie. The women smiled at her, it was more of a murderous look. "You will not go out of here alive, you are so young a pity. You will not tell anybody what you have seen, that is why i have to kill you!" she whispered the last words.

Mareta was shivering and shaking all over. She was not in a good position and her legs would not support her. "You know sweety, you are one of us, you are of our kind. I have seen this, but your experiment has gone wrong, that is all!" "What do you mean one of us?" But her words were sunk by a scream of horror. The women was transforming. Her body was turning larger, Her teeth were growing larger. Her eyes were bulging. She was growing into a beast. Mareta's eyes were wide open with shock.

The beast was looking at her savagly. It seemed so hungry for food, and she looked like the perfect dinner for him. He was coming nearer to her and she could smell his horrible breath. His teeth were coming nearer and nearer, she was paralysed.

How is it?  Will you please vote and COMMENT with your opinions! Hope you enjoy reading it.  Thanks for giving me your opinions in advance!