Chapter Seven

This chapter is so shit, its not even worth reading

***

Chapter Seven.

“It doesn’t mean I don’t want to be here it just means I’d actually like to sit at my own table, with my own friends.” Oakley said as he wiggled his small hips on my lap. I held back a groan and bit the back of his ear.

Ever since I brought him to bouncy world, he seems more relaxed around us. Us, being a few others and I that have been around him constantly but as soon as someone else arrives, he is straight back to being the shy, timid Oakley that walked in here a week and a half ago. Being more open around us also means he complains more, which is starting to get on my nerves.

“I told you before and Im not going to tell you again. I am a nice person but you are mine until I decide otherwise or until you admit the obvious.” I told him, holding his hips still. Another trick he’s picked up the last week, torturing me. Micah finds it hilarious when he does something, whether he’s aware of it or not at the time, that drives me crazy. This is more often then not.

Thursday night I ended in Oakley and Ruth’s room because we discovered both of them have a phobia of thunderstorms. Apparently Oakley woke in the night from the thunder and woke Ruth, Ruth then started bawling her eyes out and woke there dorm neighbours. Teachers were called to settle them but gave up after fifteen minutes and I was called. I woke the next morning with Oakley on my chest and Ruth across my legs, unsurprisingly Oakley was once again sucking his thumb.

He has several cute habits like that, one being he still sleeps with a penguin teddy named bamboo, he has a diary according to Ruth and he pouts if he doesn’t get his own way, he cuddles in his sleep and he’s very touchy feely.

“But there my friends and you are just one big bully that wont let small unsocial Oakley sit with his only friends.” he pouted. The guys all laughed, having come accustomed to having Oakley with us. Jake, who was sitting beside me, held his arms open for Oakley to climb into, which he did almost immediately. I frowned and watched as Jake tickled Oakley making him scream and squirm. He looked so happy and I felt a pang of jealously in my chest because it wasn’t me making him smile.

“Stop Jakey, I swear I’ll be good.” he giggled, jumping away from Jake and straight into the arms of Micah. Micah didn’t even pay much attention too him bar giving him a kiss on the head and wrapping his arms around him before going back to his conversation with Jason. Oakley just sat there happily, observing the cafeteria and eating Micah’s fries. If Micah weren’t straight I would have been totally pissed at him by now. He’s always there with Oakley, playing the protective, caring big brother and it’s somewhat annoying. I wanted to be the one that held Oakley, the one Oakley talks to about problems and I just wish he could look that comfortable around me.

Just like every other day of the week, I dropped Oakley to class and made my way to mine. As I was about to enter, a small hand grabbed hold of my arm and pushed me up against the lockers beside the class. If I wasn’t surprised I wouldn’t have went so easily but what had me pulled from my thoughts was when a pair of lips met mine. After a slight pause, I put my hand on their chest and pushed them off.

Jesse stumbled back looking quite proud with himself while I wiped my mouth with my sleeve, childish I know but its Jesse.

“What the hell was that?!” I all but scream, pissed.

“A kiss.” he answered in a ‘Duh’ typed voice making my blood boil even more. Who the hell does this kid think he is going around kissing random people.

“Keep your filthy diseased lips to yourself whore.” I told him turning away.

“Well in that case, Im not the only whore your fooling around with.” he said just as I was about to turn the handle.

“What does that mean?”

“That little frilly slut you follow around like a lost puppy Oakley, I bet he pays you doesn’t he? I didn’t think you’d be so low a-”

I cut him off by grabbing the front of his shirt and slamming him into the wall so hard that his head flew forwards with the impact. He pushed it to far. Before he even opened his eyes, I brought my fist back with all the force I could muster and sent it flying into his chin. He slid down the wall as soon as I let go with a groan.

“You shut the fuck up about Oakley! What the hell did he ever do to you?” I screamed, kicking him into the stomach. “Now you won’t talk huh? If I hear you said one fucking thing too or about Oakley, I’ll leave you for dead. Understood?” When he didn’t respond, I sent another kick into his stomach. “I said understood?” he nodded quickly and tried to sit up.

I ran my hand down my face and took deep breaths. Keeping my eyes closed I took off down the hall and up onto the roof. I liked it up her; it was peaceful and quite. Up here I could imagine when I looked down onto the countless of students going about their lives, that I wasn’t part of that, I could pretend for a few hours that nothing was real or mattered and block all emotions.

I loved the way the breeze was a little stronger up here, the sun warmer and the view better. From here I could see for miles and mile of inconsequential
Innumerable trees and land and feel like nothing could touch me, I was at my highest.

I sat there for a while, thinking through everything on my mind, planning my next steps and concluded that my life couldn’t be more fucked up. I mean I could almost be classed as a child molester, Im jealous of my best mate, my parents hate me, my sisters sick of me and Im so close  to getting kicked off the football team for behaviour.

“I knew I’d find you up here.” a voice spoke from behind me. I turned to find Micah waking towards me with a mixed look between pity and amusement.

Micah was the ultimate player, and not the type the wins there hearts and breaks them the next day. He would sleep with anything that has legs, except men. He wasn’t homophobic and didn’t have any problem with gays, hence being my best mate, but guys just didn’t do it for him. We met in fifth grade after moving town and I took a liking to him. Surprisingly he was the type with glasses and a lisp, the type old people love and kids make fun off.

In eight grade I even kissed him in a game of truth and dare and it freaking the hell out of him. I still have pictures. His mom loves me like a son though his dad was always asking him to make new friends because I was a bad ‘influence’ on him.

“Yeah, I just needed a bit of air to clear my head.” I told him.

“You don’t need anymore air in that head of yours.” he joked “Though I did hear what you did to mister princess.”

“He dissevered it.” I muttered, scowling out onto the forest. “How did you even know I was here?”

“I’ve been your best mate for years, I know you like an open book. Now, why did e deserve it?”

“He was talking shit about me, practically saying I get paid to fuck.”

“Practically? What was his exact word?”

I mentally groaned but thought back to what Jesse said. “I called him a whore and he said something about him not being the only whore I mess with and Oakley pays for a fuck.”

A grin spread across Micah’s face as he jumped in the air, laughing like a fool “I knew it had something too do with Oakley.” he laughed, looking ready to burst. My confused look morphed into one of aggravation as I shot him a scowl.

“This doesn’t have anything to do with Oakley. Spark irritated me and I hit him, he deserves it anyway.” I argued.

“No you hit him because he called Oakley a whore and you didn’t like it. Now you realise what you done and want to maintain the ’tough guy’ image so your denying it. It’s a typical Wyatt move when you think about it.” I scowl at him and throw a punch for his gut, which he easily dodges.

“Shut up Micah and go piss off. I came up here to get away from people.”

He laughed, completely ignoring me and sat to my right. We sat in silence, just listening to the loud chirping of the birds and the hushed chatter of the people below. It kind of felt like my own metaphor, like I know that everything’s going on and a cant reach it, that I wont get a chance to reach it before it stops.

The silence didn’t last long. Micah, being the annoying dipstick he is, started humming ‘Im a Barbie girl’ in a high pitched tune. Rolling my eyes to heaven, I jumped up and left him there, humming like an idiot. The halls where empty apart from a couple of student at their lockers or talking, which made my escape easier.

I pulled out the list from my pocket as I made my way towards the car. One down, nine to go. I quickly ticked off ‘visit bouncy world’ with a red sharpie and placed a star beside the next one. I planned to go out of my way to make this special, something that he wont get a chance to do again. And it could be easily organised.

I hurriedly started the car and made my way towards a place I haven’t been in years.

***
Sorry, this is beyond shite… and short  :/

A fail and a half