Go The Fuck to Sleep (Chapter 14)

No, I'm not dead.

Sorry I haven't updated in forever. Like a months and a half... :| A bunch of issues suddenly sprung up and I just wasn't in the right state of mind to write. ._.

Ok, so I have exams in two weeks, so there is noway I will be able to update before then, but after exams is holidays and I'm free!! This means faster updates! Hopefully..

(Not edited)

Ok. Lets do this! >_<

___________________________________________

Chapter 14 (Go The Fuck to Sleep)

"I, Jerome Mathews, hereby swear in the presence of Gaia that I will not revel anything to any person that could endanger the Phoenix. Be it by identity, location or any other disclosed information, lest I give up my soul eternally to the Wraiths," speaks the young Vampyre in front of me."

I, Ember Farrell, accept your Blood Oath in the presence of Gaia. May you hold true to your word lest you give up your soul eternally to the Wraiths," I return tiredly. I watch as the small cut, on the inside of my palm, bleeds and twists around, lightly staining where our forearms are clasped together. The air sizzles with old magic as the blood seeps into our skin and out of sight for the final time tonight.

"Thank you Jerome," I smile. "You are now free to leave at any time. Will you need help with transportation?"

"No, I've contacted my coven and they will be picking me up soon," he beams, his fangs lightly resting above his lip. "If you ever need anything," he adds after a few seconds of thought. "Don't be afraid to call us, you saved my life."

"I'll keep that in mind," I reply sincerely. With the way things are turning out I could use all the allies I can get.

Staring up at the sky I notice that the water colour of reds and yellows has darkened to midnight blue. A lone, crescent moon is the only entity that pierces it's gloomy atmosphere.

"Ember," a light voice calls out, as I pull my eyes away from the sky.

Looking over I see Ash peeping around the corner of the house. A long nights sleep and a long shower has done her a lot of good, but I can still see a fragment of pain and suffering in her azure eyes.

"Yes?"

"Jesse has gathered everyone in the clearing," she says shyly.

I smile reassuringly at her. I've only known her for a short period but I already feel so strangely protective of her. Seeing my smile she walks over.

"Thank you for telling me," I reply, crouching down to her eye level. "After this is over how about I tuck you into bed and read you a story?"

She squeals happily and runs over to me giving me a bear hug. And let me tell you, for a nine year old Fey, she sure has a set off muscles in her. Just as my face begins to turn purple, I manage to remove her arms from me. "You go pick out a book, I'll be there in a sec," I tell her. I grin as she bounces inside and out of sight. Getting back up I make my way to the clearing where everyone awaits.

In the distance I can see the bonfire towering up towards the heavens, sendingout flickering sparks of light. I jog over to Jesse where he is talking to Chase in a heated discussion.

"...We should wait for Ember," Jesse insists.

"Ember has enough in her plate as it is. I saw her towards the end of the Blood Oaths. That kind of magic takes a lot out of a person," he argues back. "She should rest."

"Ember would have our heads if we continued without her."

Chase gives my brother a dubious look. "I'm her mate. I'm sure I'll be able to get her to calm down."