Bottling (Chapter 9)

Hey everyone, again I'm sorry for the late update... But the good news is my exams are done and the holidays are here! You know what that means? More time for me to write and upload faster! \(>.<)/ woo!

I will be going away over the holidays which means I may not always have Internet to upload the next chapter, BUT I will have my iPad so I can continue writing and I will just upload in bulk when I get wifi again. 😄

P.s. .... Over 400 reads!!! YEAH! .... Enough said.

_______________________________________

Chapter 9 (bottling)

"What the fuck?!" I screech, pulling at my skin, trying to rub it off. No way! When did this happen?

"What's wrong?" Yells Jesse, running into the bathroom and standing in front of me in a defensive stance. "Where's the intruder? Why are you out of bed? Are you ok?"

"No, I am not ok, I have a giant ass tattoo on my face," I yell. Still staring at my face like I have some horrible disease . I bring my finger tips up to the complex golden tattoo. The intricate swirls transform into feathers and frame the left side of my face like a masquerade ball mask. The golden colour changes shades as I move my head back and forth in the light. It's unearthly beautiful and matches my eyes perfectly.

"Oh that," he says rolling his eyes. "Why are you out off bed? You need your rest," he demands.

"Yes that," I snap back irritated. "So dear brother, when were you going to tell me I had a tattoo covering half my face?" I ask, running my finger tips along the edge of one of the feathers. The tattoo suddenly moves and wraps around my finger causing me to yelp and rip my hand from my skin, the tattoo quivers before moving back to it original spot.

'The tattoo is a part of you now. It moves and changes according to your emotions,' explains Tasha through my mind.

"It wasn't important at the time," Jesse tells me in reply to my earlier question with a shrug. "I was going to tell you later, when you were better."

"Wasn't important?! I have a giant MOVING golden tattoo on my face, how am I supposed to hide that?!" I exclaim as my hands suddenly catching fire.

"Woah, calm down Em! Deep breathes, come on. Reel back in your energy, like we've been practicing."

I calm my breathing and envision my fire powers in my head. Swirling and untamed, running rampant through my body. I imagine all that energy and guide it into a bottle before screwing the cap back on. I can feel the flames on my palms sputter out once before extinguishing completely.

After transforming, Chase had brought me back to my house where Jesse has been keeping me on permeant house arrest. Now that I'm officially the Phoenix, I have more power than any other supernatural on Gaia. In other words, I'm an atomic bomb waiting to happen.

My core body temperature is through the roof and I have burnt through three beds in the night. Literally. I also accidentally set Jesse on fire and burnt down half the kitchen when I attempted to make toast.

"I'm fine," I say, now that my breathing is back under control.

"You're not fine!" Jesse grits his teeth. "This is the sixth time this week you've lit yourself on fire," concern etching his voice. He has a point... But there's no way I'm admitting that to him.

"Yes, because I'm angry! And the only reason I'm angry is because you lied to me and because you won't let me out of the house!" I yell.

"It's not safe! And I didn't lie to you! I just didn't tell you you have a tattoo! Why are you so upset? I was waiting for the right time!"