Oh My Goddess (Chapter 8)

Woo! You guys are amazing with the amount of reads and votes I've been getting! I went from 150 reads to over 300 in one chapter!!! That's double what I already had!!! 😱 I'm so happy! 😭 😍 ... Ok Paige, try to be cool... 😎 Yeah, I still got it.

I'm not very happy with this chapter. I just could get describing everything that was happening right. Well at least that's what I think, so maybe I'll try to edit it later, but I must have rewritten this chapter at least 9 times. >.<

So I have a question. Do any of you guys want me to write in anyone else's POV? Or would you prefer if I just continued write in Embers POV. Let me know in the comments. Thanks 😋

_____________________________________

Chapter 8 (Oh My Goddess)

I wish I could say the transformation was painless. That all I felt was a slight twitch and it was over, but I can't.

The pain I am currently feeling rivals that of any other.

Worse than when I was shot three times in the stomach by some rogue supernatural hunters.

Worse than when Ashley had her blood drained by a power hunger vampire.

This felt as if my soul, my very being, was being ripped in half and having liquid fire poured into it.

How any of the other Achazs survived this I'll never know. Oh wait, most of them didn't.

Maybe if I had more strength and was prepared it wouldn't feel this bad, I think though the pain, but somehow I know I am lying to myself.

While I have seen almost every moment of the other Achazs lives through my dreams, the only thing I have never been permitted to see is the transition. Tasha, explained to me that it's different for every individual and if I saw the others then it would change the outcome of my own.

Supposedly my subconscious knows this and keeps the information locked away deep in my mind. I personally think she's wrong, every time I listen to my subconscious someone ends up dead or at least severely injured.

My screams of pain are silenced before they ever reach my lips, as my throat feel like I have swallowed sandpaper. I claw at my stomach like a rabid animal, trying relieve myself of the bubbling lava that sits at the bottom.

My body convulses on the hard, blood soaked ground as lighting shoots through my veins in never ending waves.

I feel more than see, my eyes roll up into my skull as the darkness finally descends, like a wraith, delivering me to Deaths door.

|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|

"Fate has a fucked up sense of humor," I mutter dryly as I realise I'm still alive, clutching my temple where the dull thud of a migraine sits.

"Language Ember! You can't just go off swearing in front of a goddess!" Snaps a voice next to me. Looking over to my left I see a stunning women that looks like she was carved by an artist.

She has silky, copper hair that perfectly frames her heart shaped face. Creamy blemish free skin complements her hair, making it seem just that much shinier.

She stands tall and proud with a cheeky glint in her golden eyes as if she knows something I don't.

"Uh," is all I can say as I stare wide eyed at the beauty before me.

"Ah Ember, don't you recognise me?" She asks. Her soft and melodic voice wrapping around me like a warm embrace.

I take in her features again. Her long flowing red hair, her familiar golden eyes.