Potential Biological weapon (Chapter 2)

Hey everyone! Thanks to all those who are reading my story. It means a lot to me. <3 let me know what you think of this chapter. Admittedly I wasn't very happy with it. I just don't feel like I got the characters personalities right. Oh well :]

________________________________________________

Chapter Two (Potential Biological Weapon)

Sitting in my usual seat in the second last row against the wall. I get my headphones and drown out the white noise of everything around me, listening to Evanescence sing about going under or something like that. Leaning against the wall I shut my eyes and wait for detention to end. No scratch that. Wait for hell with fluorescent lighting to end. If there's anything I hate more than stuck up arrogant girls, *cough* *Cassidy* *cough*, its not doing anything. I'm one of those people who always have to be in motion or at least doing something. The only time I can be still is when I'm singing.

As the last students trickle in I feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. I open my eyes looking around for the source of my strange reaction before my eyes settle on Chase. Ugh, no wonder my body was reacting so strangely, it must be from repulsion. It had to be, I refuse to think otherwise.

Chase really is the biggest prick in the school, possibly the state. It's a well know fact that he has slept with half of the girls in school and only because the other half wasn't good enough for his 'standards' AKA not busty, blond bimbos.

With my internal monologue going on I failed to notice that Chase had come to sit behind me and was kicking on my chair. I mentally scolded myself for my carelessness. What if that had been another assassin? I could have been killed.

"What's going on in that sexy little head of yours?" Chase asked me from behind, leaning forward and enveloping me in his musky scent of sandalwood and pine, that had Tasha purring like a kitten. I knew he was just flirting to get a rise out of me, but I couldn't help myself.

"Could I have some personal space? Your B.O. is so bad you're classified as a potential biological weapon." I sneered, but I really just need to get away from him before his addictive scent became to much for me to handle and I turned around and... What am I thinking?! This is Chase I'm thinking about! Biggest man-whore in school. Future alpha of The Shadow Pack. A pack that would kill me on sight if they knew who I was, all because of the damned prophecy.

"Am I bothering you?" He whispered leaning even further forward, his breath tickling my ear, sending tingles racing up and down my body.

Leaning back into him I whispered, "if you want to keep your balls firmly attached to your body, I suggest you back off," I bit out trying to control my breathing, which was becoming more erratic by the second.

Obviously Chase wasn't as stupid as I had originally thought and didn't talk to me for the rest of detention. Of course that didn't stop him from kicking my chair the entire time, only increasing my irritation even further. Did this boy have a death wish?

When we were finally let out I stayed behind packing up my things slowly in hopes Chase would leave before me. Noticing that he was doing the same, I decided to try a different tactic and power walked as fast as I could to the door without looking like I was running away. With my attention completely focused on the door I didn't notice Chase had stepped in front of me until the last second. Only managing to stop an inch away from him where he stood leaning against the inside of the door frame just staring at me with his trademark half smirk.

"I see you've set aside a special time to humiliate yourself in public, why don't you go do that somewhere else," I growled crankily just wanting to get home and go for a run.

"You're cute when your pissed off, ya know that? How about we go out sometime? Just the two of us," He said with such confidence, as if I would never even think of saying no. Well he had another thing coming.

Pushing his alluring scent to the back of my mind I put as much venom into my voice as I could muster. "Awww isn't that sweet, the big soon to be alpha is asking me on a date so I can be his new fuck buddy." I could see his face pale as realistation that I knew that he was a werewolf took over. "Not only are you cheating on your girlfriend with the girl she got into a fight with today, but you are breaking pack laws by dating humans. Tell me does the alpha know about your little sex-capades?" Shoving my shoulder into him to get past I suddenly froze, feeling goosebumps rise all over my body. In hindsight I should have guessed what was going on earlier. His scent. The possessive feel I felt towards him.

"Mate," we both spoke at the same time. Looking up at him with wide eyes I noticed all the things I had never seen about him before. The way light caught his brown hair giving it blond streaks or the slight dusting of freckles on his nose and cheeks or the wa-. Snap out of it Ember. This is the same Chase we were thinking about earlier. I looked back up at his face and watched it transform from an expression of love and awe to disgust and disappointment. I felt my heart crack in half, just a little bit, knowing he was about to reject me. Taking a deep breath I knew what had to be done.

"I, Ember Farrell, reject Chase Finch, as my mate in the presence of Gaia."

'No no no no no nooo!!! What are you doing you idiot!?! That's our mate!' Screamed Tasha in my head, desperate for me to stop.

"I, Chase Finch, accept Ember Farrell's rejection as my mate in the presence of Gaia," he replied stonily as I felt a little piece of my soul and heart flit away, knowing that without my mate, I could never be fully whole again. Just as I was about to walk away Chase grabbed my arm and turn me back to him.

"What are you?" He asked seriously. All playfulness in his voice from earlier gone. "No human could possibly know everything you just said, but I can't pick up your scent. So... I would guess your a vampire since they don't have a scent but your skin is much too dark for that. A fey perhaps? An elementalist? ANSWER ME!" He yelled roughly grabbing me by the shoulders and practically shaking me like a Neanderthal.

I could feel anger surging through me like wildfire, turning the red tips in my hair into full on streaks that resemble blood. I imagine I probably looked like a character straight from a horror movie. My skin heating to metal melting temperatures as if molten lava is bubbling up through my veins. In a way, I guess it kinda was. I could see the angry red burns I'd left on his hands from where he was holding me, as he backed away, all colour drained from his face.

"How DARE you ever lay a hand on a women! How DARE you demand to know what I am!" I was going to keep yelling at him when I was interrupted by Tasha.

'If you hurt him, I will never speak to you again. He is out mate whether you like it or not. Now leave him before you dig us into an even deeper hole than you already have!' Realizing my mistake and most likely revealing who I was to him I turned on my heel and stalked away. Not looking back once at my now ex-mate, I let the tears fall that I had been holding back, watching as they fell and burnt anything and everything in its path.

Once I escaped the schools endless hallways, I sprint out into the nearby woods that runs along side the school and morph into my wolf form, holding my bag by the strap between my teeth. Tasha morphs into a white owl with piercing golden eyes and flys silently beside me, understanding that I need my space right now. I sprint all the way to the creek that runs behinds the house we are currently renting. Bathing in the shadows created by the trees I silently cry for the first time since my parents death.

That's where Jesse found me.

_____________________

Love,

Your favourite insomniac ❤