Chapter 13

I pulled a small section of hair on the top of my head into a ponytail, leaving the rest of it down. Thanks to genetics, my hair was thick so it looked as though I slid a small bump it into it. I then took the Halo headpiece and clipped the base of it around the elastic holding the ponytail. There. I stared at myself in the mirror. The angel cotume was made up of a white corset with a silver lining over the hems of the bust. The corset flowed out into a skirt that ended mid thigh, hiding the white spandex short shorts I was wearing to make sure no one caught a peak of my undies. I tugged on the white fingerless gloves that ended just before my elbows with a sigh before putting the white hoop earrings in. They couldn't really be seen through my thick dark hair, but it still felt kind of nice to wear them. I still didn't look quite right. I ran my pinky finger through the middle front section of my hair and parted my hair down the middle, framing my face. That'll do it. I finished up with a pink lipstick, laced up the white short heeled boots with my phone tucked against the side of my calf, slid my arms through the straps of the angel wings and went on my way.

Gaby and the rest of the girls had left ealier and I stayed behind to calm myself. I had decided I was no longer going to worry about Niall. That only made things a thousand times worse when we ran into each other anyways. Whatever may come. But I was not going to be one of his little pawns that he enjoyed playing with. If he was going to continue tring things, I was going to go kicking and screaming.

I bit my lip as I waited for the trolley to come by my stop. As soon as it pulled up at my stop I climbed in, noting that I wasn't the only one who decided to go a little late. There was about five or six people dressed up.

I shivered as the trolley picked up wind, heading down a slope. I had debated on bringing a jacket earlier, but then I remembered that there was a picture of a large jack-o'-lantern on a large pyre in the center of campus. Gaby had informed me that a bonfire would be held. It'd get hot.

The ding of the trolley as it pulled up in the center of campus had brought me out of my thoughts. I climbed out last and looked around in awe. None of my classes were in the center, and I'd never seen it before. It kind of looked like the center of a town, though instead of shacks there were buildings and shops. It was quite crowded with scary, sexy, iconic, and cute creatures. I even spotted a Lady Gaga or two.

I began to walk around, searching for anyone I knew when I spotted the large food table. Bingo. I made my way over and tapped my finger against my cheek as I debated on what to get.

"Nice costume." I payend no attention to the comment, there were tons of people in costumes and it probably wasn't meant for me. A tap on the shoulder told me I was wrong. I whirled around and smiled.

"Dominic, hi." He grinned. "What are you supposed to be?"

He guffawed, dramatically placing his hand over his heart as if my qyestion offended him. "I'm a slayer!"

I raised my eyebrows. "A slayer?"

"Yeah," He pulled a crossbow off his back. "I slay the bad guys." I tilted my head, admiring his costume. A form fitting sleeveless leather vest that complimented his arm muscles and black pants made out o some weird material. He head weapon holsters all over him and wow was he...nice looking.

"Very nice." I fiddled with the halo on top of my head, smiling sheepishly. "I feel a little outdone in the creativity department but it's whatever." I pretended to be upset, clearing my throat loudly.

"I thought you would," He pouted, playing along. "In fact, I wasn't even going to come over but the temptation to rub it in your face was too strong."

Clicking my tongue, I rolled my eyes and walked past him, grabbing his elbow so I could pull him along. "I didn't know you came to school here."

"I don't, actually." I turned my head in time to see him cough into his hand, forhead creasing with worry.