Chapter 4

(( I NEED YOUR HELP! I can't decide: Should I write long chapters or go with short ones? If I write long chapters its gonna take a while to publish but it'll be worth it, on the other hand, if I write short chapters I'll probably be able to update 3 times a week but you'll be left with a lot of cliff hangers. Which should I go with? Also, sorry that I switch tenses so much. I promise you when I finally get all of this plot down I'll go back and fix it, I just don't want to forget anything so I'm trying to jot it all down and I miss a lot of stuff when I go back and read over. Also, I don't even know what college they go to so bare with me while I sort that out.))

After eating two foot longs at subway, I decided to walk around campus to burn some calories off.

Not really.

I just didn't want to go back to the sorority house. I know it was my second day, but I didn't want to make staying shacked up there a habit. Plus, I really needed to make a few friends. Only one problem there, I suck at doing that. What was the time anyways?

I glanced down at my wrist and that confirmed it for me. I wasn't wearing a watch. So I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and pressed the home button. 11:34.

Great. Not even noon yet.

Sighing I slipped my phone back into my pocket and walked over to a directory map. I let my eyes wander over the map before a nicely named location caught my eye. Rest area. And on this map, there were cute little trees drawn around the words and I'm a sucker for drawings. And I've worked off enough so rest area here I come.

Rubbing my arms, I walked in the right direction. Not a whole lot of people were hanging around campus, probably because it was still a little early. Early...I remember how much I hated waking up early when I was in high school. Couldn't stand it at all. I absolutely dreaded high school and I looked for any excuse not to attend. 'Woke up five minutes late? Eh, might as well not even go.'

'Did I just cough? Oh, I'm probably coming down with something, wouldn't wanna pass it on to any of my fellow peers.'

'It's Monday. Nope.' And that was just my freshman year.

It got so bad that my mom put me in home studies. I maintained a 4.0 so she didn't really mind. But during my final year, she forced me to attend school. Long story short, I was voted worst case of senioritus. Whatever that is.

I got so lost in my thoughts, I didn't even realize I had already arrived at the rest area. True to its picture, there were trees. Very beautiful oak trees to be exact.

"Hey! Girl with the dark hair!"

I have dark hair.

I looked over to the group sat in a circle under the shade of a tree who were trying to gain the attention of someone. They were looking in my direction and one glance around me informed me that I was the only other being in the rest area with them.

I pointed my finger at myself, raising my eyebrows.

"Yes you! I like your boots!" The feminine voice rang out.

I was going to shout a thank you back, but I realized that would be rude. Also, this could be my chance to make friends. So I walked over to them.

As I got closer, I could see the group was made up of 4 people, 2 girls and 2 boys.

"Really? Thanks." I offered them a bright smile.

A girl with the prettiest eyes, green mixed with a little blue and hazel. "No problem. Hey, I haven't seen you around before."

"I have!" A girl with shockingly blue eyes and blonde curls, obviously dyed, piped in. Almost immediately I could tell she was mixed. "You were at the party last night, right?" She didn't even wait for my answer. "But you left early. That sucks, you missed a lot if shi-"