Text

~How fcute is Scoot?
I hate this story, but I keep writing it because I'm an idiot. 1230 words? I tried. Here we go.~

Yesss past RyAnn! More than 1000 words you better werrrk

I sashay back to the house in a daze. I don't even realize I'm right in front of my room until my hand nearly misses the doorknob. I can't figure out how this happened. I was next to Scott Hoying, the boy I've been crushing on since the beginning of time, for about four hours, and I was hardly awkward at all. Well, that wasn't true, but I did better then I thought.

It was like we had this... energy. No you idiot, he's not into you. That was probably just the RedBull you downed before he arrived. He's not like that. Like me.

I decide to call it a night and get changed into more comfortable clothes. I flop onto my bed and start flipping through my Twitter. I decide to look up Scott Hoying, and when I find his profile, I start to nonchalantly stalk him. There's some pretty cute photos, and a lot of normal tweets about his no-doubt completely normal life. One photo catches my eye. I feel tingly inside at the adorable smile on his face and his side eye into the camera. Oh god, I'm falling for him. I'm falling for a straight boy.

I hear a knock on my door and turn. The knob turns with a squeak and my dad peaks his head around the door.

"Hey Mitch, did that boy leave?" He doesn't give me time to answer, one of his annoying habits. "He was a good lookin' one, is he the guy who you've been talking about forever? The 'Scott' one?"

I came out to my parents about a year ago. My mom was okay with it, but my dad was strangely excited. He was happy that I was my own person, that I was original. He's always the one I can talk to.

"Yeah, yeah it is dad. I don't think he likes me though."

"Awe, how can he not like my loveable little boy? You're so attractive!" I take an attempt at changing the subject.

"I'm not little, dad, I'm turning eighteen in a couple of weeks." It's true. Being an adult sounds fun, but also scary.

"Even when your older, you can still be little. I don't think your getting any taller, hon." I roll my eyes. Thats not what he meant, but whatever.

"I think I'm about ready for bed now dad, I'm kinda tired." I fake a yawn. "Time to sleep!" I swoon dramatically, dropping my head on the pillow.

"Or for you, time to stay up until one with your face in your phone. You're just trying to get me to leave." He pouts his lip and gives me puppy eyes.

"That sounds about right," I sass. He scoffs playfully and chuckles.

"Fine, fine, I'll go, but don't you love me?"

"Of course I love you dad. A lot. Now goodnight..." I know I'm probably not sopposed to pick favorites, but with my parents, it would be my dad. By far. My mom is a full time nurse, so we don't see her much. She's not home tonight, working overtime.

"Love you too son. Night," and with that, he closes the door. I sigh and plop back down, then continue drooling over some more pictures of a certain someone.

Then I get a text.

It's from a random number, but the text reads:

Unknown Number- Hey, it's Scott. Hows it going?

~~~

I wake up but don't open my eyes. Scott and I talked for around an hour last night. An hour! I can't believe this is happening. I stretch and my back pops satisfyingly. Light floods through my eye lids and I open them. I smile, it's finally the weekend. That means Netflix and ice cream for me.

I reach over and unplug my phone, looking at the time, 11:23. Wow, I'm a lazy girl.

I also have one new message:

Scott- hi! you might not be awake, but i've been thinking about hanging out again to work on the song

I squeal and start typing out a reply:

Me- Finally awake! And that sounds great, we should totally hang out again

Wait, would he even talk to me if it wasn't for the project? Would we even be 'friends', if you would call it that? Would- the Ding! of my phone disrupts my thoughts.

S- my grandma is over, so could it be at your house again?

M- Yeah, thats fine. My dad wont mind. Does noon sound ok?

S- thats perfect! i'll see you then

M- Bye

S- byeeee :)

God, he's so cute! I sigh. I should probably take a shower, I probably smell, and I definitely need to look fresh so he doesn't think I'm gross. Like he doesn't already.

~~~

My dad conveniently decides to go grocery shopping, and my mom is at work, as usual. We have the house to ourselves, but it wouldn't matter, because we're just going to stay in my room anyway.

I'm smoothing back my hair for the millionth time when I hear Scott's car pull in. I slip on some combat boots and clomp down the stairs. Right as I reach the hallway he's knocking at the door.

"Just a second!" I bellow, my shrill voice cracking a bit. I cringe and open the door.

He's so handsome, standing in the doorway with his plaid button up and black skinny jeans. He shoves his hands in his pockets and smiles.

"Hi!"

"Hey," I say breathily and he smirks. "Come on in!" I step away from the doorway and he walks in. He's so much taller than me, at least half a foot.

He follows me up the stairs into my bedroom, and closes the door. I sit heavily on my bed and smile up at him.

"Do you have our folder?" He asks.

"Oh, yeah I do.. hold on," I stand and walk over to the corner of my room and start rummaging through one of my desk drawers. I unearth the thick folder and grab two pens.

I turn on my heel to see Scott sitting in the middle of my full sized bed, long legs crossed at the ankles with his phone out. I stride over and sit indian-style next to him after slipping off my shoes, opening the folder.

"So how many times should the chorus repeat?" I ask.

After a few hours, we decide to warm up and try out the song. We both sit up at the end of my bed and start to sing. We sound alright at the beginning, but after we get used to each other, we start to really harmonize. We sound absolutely amazing! Like our voices were made for each other.

When we finish I fall back onto the bed and giggle. I'm so proud of us!

"That was literally so cool!" He exclaims, falling next to me.

"You have such an amazing voice, like really. Its so pretty, and it goes so well with the song! You are seriously one of the best singers I've ever heard!" I'm rambling, but I don't care.

"You too! Your voice is so beautiful..." he pauses and sits up. I follow him. "And... Mitch, so..." Our faces are so close I can see the tiny freckles on his nose. "So are you Mitch." Okay, Scott that was kind of cheesy, I'm not gonna lie, but it still gives me butterflies. He puts his hand over mine.

My heart quickens and my breath hitches. He's so close I can smell his spearmint breath. I didn't notice until I was this close, but his eyes have darker blue specks in them and swirled with ice, kind of like and all-blue galaxy. He leans in even closer.

~Ily~