Girl, No

"Spill the damn tea before I punch you in the throat!" Kirstie screeches as soon as I answer the door, pouncing on me.

"Okay, okay, girl, calm the hell down." I wrap my arms around her back to carry her up to my room, her petite frame weighing barely anything.

"But Mitchyyyyy!" she wines, squashing her face into my shirt. "You were so vague in text and I need to know everything!"

"And you will, at least let me sit down first. I ran in gym today. Me. I ran."

She giggles. "When does that ever happen?"

"Right?"

I plop her down on my bed, then lay flat on top of her like a starfish. She laughs, wheezing due to the weight of my head on her chest.

"Ack! Get off you little cumquat!"

"What, I can't talk to you like this?" I tease, poking her sides as she squirms and tries to push me off.

"Nooooo I'm going to stab you." She starts pulling on my hair and I roll over, freeing her body. She sits up and we assume our usual positions when she's over and I tell a story, her sitting Indian style with my head in her lap.

"So what all do you want to hear?" I ask her, picking at my nails.

"Everything! I want to hear all of it. Why didn't you tell me he took you out to dinner?? What did you do afterwards? You made out, didn't you? And what about his dad? Or his mom, I guess. You did tell me she was transgender right?"

"Jesus, Krusty, one at a time!"

"Okay." She takes a deep breath. "I want to hear about dinner first."

"Oh my gosh, it was the perfect first date ever. So, he took me to a restaurant, which was owned by a friend of his parents'. It should have been awkward and weird, but it was so fun! There was this stupid bitchy waitress, though, she kept trying to flirt with Scott."

"Ewww!" Kirstie cuts in, pulling a face.

"I know! Then when we left, she followed us out and tried to give him her number!" She gasps, raising her eyebrows. I give her an 'it's true' look, and giggle. "She was so dumb. Like, Scott kept trying to drop hints, by kissing my hand, or complimenting me, touching my arm, stuff like that, but she just couldn't get it through the her head. So when she came at us in the parking lot, he snapped. He pinned me against his car and just kissed me for like five minutes. It was so hot."

"Damn."

"Yeah. I flipped her off behind his back. It was great."

"So she learned?" Kirstie asked sarcastically, still giggling.

"Of course. And I'm glad, too, because after that Scott was just in the mood for kissing, so that's what we did. I got to sit on his lap." I smile, my face heating up a bit at the memory.

"Did y'all do the do?" She sneers, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

"Girl, no!" I laugh, slapping her cheek playfully.

"I mean, it's possible. You two are so close already." She smiles down at me, playing with my hair. "You seem so happy with him... I'm proud of you, hon!"

"Yeah... I like him a lot."

"Alright, alright, on with the story."

"So, he invited me to see his dad with him, when he still thought he was 'dad', and when we got there..."

~~~

"Mitchy, you have a text!"

Kirst and I had been talking for hours, only taking a break to get snacks, which mostly consisted of a variety of chocolatey foods. Our phones are both charging on my bed side table, next to the can of grapefruit flavored La Croix we've been sharing.