Berry

I can feel myself being shaken awake, and blink my eyes open with a groan. Oh my Lord, does my shoulder hurt. Never will I sleep on this God awful couch ever again.

"Mitchell Coby, wake your cute little butt up!" My eyes focus on Kirstie's face, inches from mine.

"What the he-"

"It's Tuesday! School! Let's go, we have like literally ten minutes! Come on you... big... lump!" She pushes my shoulders off the couch with each word, and I stumble to my feet, still disoriented.

"Shit." I look around to the clock on my living room wall. '7:46.' "Shit shit shit!"

I'm already running, stumbling up the stairs urgently, my heart racing.

"Come on, Kirstie, we're late!!"

"That's what I've been saying!" She hollers from the bathroom, frantically applying toothpaste to her toothbrush.

"Oh my goshhhh." I groan when I finally see myself in the mirror. "I look like the Night of the Living Dead!!"

"We don't have time for your three hour morning routine!" Kirstie slurs, her toothbrush hanging out of the corner of her mouth as she pulls clothes out of her overnight bag. "We'll both be clean-faced today, I guess."

"Easy for you to say, you look like a goddess no matter what." I mumble, hearing her scoff from behind me, spraying dry shampoo on my fringe. "Ugh, this makes my hair look freaking grey! I'm done."

I grab a rubber band from my desk drawer, wrapping it in my hair to form a tiny bun on the top of my head.

"That's actually kind of adorable." Kirstie's mouth is brush-free now as she pulls her t-shirt off over her head, comepletely shameless.

I do the same, scampering over to my closet to look for an outfit that's easy yet socially acceptable.

"Can I borrow a shirt? Please?" She pleads, pouring her lip out and fluttering her eyelashes.

"Fine." I sigh, tossing her a random graphic tee from some one-hit wonder band I don't even listen to anymore.

"I love you."

"Girl, these pants have a stain on them!" I whine, holding out the garmet for her to see.

"I packed two pairs of leggings, just wear one of mine." She smirks while pulling on a pair herself, "Scott will love it."

"Shush it."

~

We both end up running out of my house in black leggings and oversized sweatshirts, our hair in buns, and our phones almost dead.

"I'm driving this time because your literally an old man!" I warn, pushing past her to the driver's side of her car.

"I'm not gonna disagree." She laughs, tossing the keys onto my lap.

"Okay, we can make it. 4 minutes 'till the bell. I've got this."

Yeah. Long story short, we didn't make it, and I obviously had nothing but a false hope of making it to school on time.

I groan loudly after I pull in to a student parking spot, having just heard the morning bell ringing from outside. I bang my head off the steering wheel in frustration, grumbling profanities as Kristie gathers up our bags.