Chapter 10- Bonnie & Clyde

I know that it is not long but the next chapter will be. i promise

**Zack**

Shannon had been going crazy lately, trying to find out about Hilary. At first I didn't trust the information that Hannah gave her, but Shannon went to stake out the house, and found that Hilary was in fact living there. Shannon was coming up with an elaborate plan, and in a way it terrified me. I wanted Shannon to get better, but I didn't know where this revenge was going to take her. She was planning night and day, and when she wasn't planning she was at the gun range. I knew right away that Shannon was going to Hilary. I wanted revenge too on Hilary, but I knew killing her wouldn't bring our unborn child back.

Football was my only outlet for not thinking about the loss. I was so excited to be a father. Granted it didn't happen in the order that I wanted it to, I still have an ache in my heart. The glow on Shannon's face showed me that she was excited to be a mother. She was picking out baby clothes, and baby furniture. When I got to the hospital, and I found out that the baby was gone, the nurses had to sedate me. I nearly broke my hand from punching a glass window. When I got back to playing ball I didn't have to think about the baby. I would look out in the crowd, see Shannon's smiling at me, and it would warm my heart.

As I walked into the condo, I called out for Shannon. The place was silent, and I wondered where she was. I walked into the game room, where Shannon had her back to me. She had her Beats on over her head, so that's why she didn't hear me calling to her. Tapping her on shoulder, she spun around with her gun in her hand. Throwing my hands up in surrender, and shouted, "What the hell Shannon?"

"Why the hell would you scare me like that?"

"You had your headphones on, and you didn't hear me calling your name. What's with the gun?"

"I always have my gun out when you're away. Remember what happened last time I didn't have my gun?"

"Yeah, but what's with the bullentin board?"

"This is my plan to get Hilary."

"Seems like a lot. Where do I fit in?"

"You don't."

"What do you mean, I don't?"

"I want to handle this on my own. She took my baby, and she is going to pay for that."

"Shannon she took my child away too, and killing her will not bring our child back," I said following her out of the room.

Shannon stormed behind me and said, "I have to live with this emptiness everyday! Not you! She took the innocence right from my stomach Zackary. This is my fight not yours!"

"Do you hear yourself? Shannon I helped make that baby. It was my child too. I may have night been the carrier, but I have to deal with it everyday too. Seeing kids play at the park everyday that I go to class. How do you think that makes me feel? How do you think it makes me feel to see you tearing yourself apart because of all this? You're my future wife, and we're supposed to be in this together! So your fight is my fight," I said pulling her into my arms. Sitting down on the bed I pulled her into my arms, and let her cry. I hated to see her like this because of my wicked stepmother, but she was going to pay for what she did to our family.

**Shannon**

Pulling on my black sweater, black tights, and black boots, I pulled my hair into a high bun. Looking into the mirror, I said, "Today is the day. Hilary is going to pay!" Walking into the bedroom, Zack was tying up is black boots. I followed him out of the bedroom, and into the living room. Placing the plans into the shredder, I waited for them to be destroyed. After they had finished, I set the bucket on the balcony, and set it on fire. Throwing the evidence away, it was time to go.

Zack and I, climbed into an old Chevy Escalade, and headed to Dunlap City, where Hilary was staying. The ride there was quiet, except for the sound of me loading the gun. I could see Zack looking at me out of the corner of my eye, but he didn't say anything. My focus was no longer on anything else, but taking care Hilary. Turning to Zack, I finally broke the silence, and said, "I don't want you to think differently about me after we finish this mission."

"Mission? Shannon listen, I want her to pay, but I don't want you to lose yourself in doing that. You have your whole life ahead of you, but don't let this situation right her change you from my loving sweet fiancé. Okay?"

"I won't baby. That girl is still here. She is just blinded by revenge."

"I understand, but revenge will not change what happened Shannon."

"I know babe," I said looking out of the window.

Pulling up to the checkpoint, we climbed out of the car, and went to the back of the truck. Placing my backpack on, we headed to Hilary's home. No one was home, just like my Intel informed me. Sitting everything up we waited for her to get home. I put my headphones on, and waited for my trip alarm to go off. Soon the alarm went off, and it was time to put our alarm in action.

Hilary's shoes could be heard coming up the linoleum floor. My chair was sitting right in front of the staircase, so as soon as she came up, I flicked the light on. She shrieked in surprise, nearly falling down the stairs. Adjusting her eyes to the light she said, "Shannon? What the hell are you doing here?"

"Hello to you too Hilary. You look surprised to see me."

"How do you know where I live?"

"Oh Hilary, I've been tailing you for weeks now. I know your work schedule, Hannah's father's work schedule. I even know the schedule in which you're fucking the neighbor. Which really doesn't surprise me."

"What the hell are you doing here though?"

"You know why I'm here Hilary. You took something from me, and I think you owe me."

"Shannon you poor poor girl. You think that I'm afraid of a little college girl who's out for revenge, because she can't carry her child?"

"Oh, I'm not the only one Hilary. See we did some research, and we know how Zack's mother died. Not only have you taken his mother away, but you took his child away too," I said standing up from the chair. Zack came into the light, and said, "Hi stepmother. How are you?"

"Za-Zack? What are you doing here?"

"The same reason she is here. You killed my mother, sat there in my face, and played the mother role. How could you? My dad took you in, and you killed his fucking wife, my fucking mother."

"Zackary hear me out. It was"

"Hear you out? Hear you out? You killed my MOTHER HILARY! There is no hearing you out. Then you kidnap my fiancé, and take our kid away," Zack said in a broken voice. Pulling my gun out, I said, "Hilary I only hope God forgives me for what I'm going to do to you." Before she could protest, I pulled the trigger back. The first bullet hit her in the chest. She looked down at the impact wound, and stumbled back. Zack lowered my hand as she began to fall down the stairs.

Picking up our stuff, we left the house. As we got back to the car, we changed clothes, and threw the evidence into the car. Walking around to the shed, I got into our red Nissan Juke, and pulled up to Zack. After he set the truck on fire we sped away. As we cross the bridge, Zack threw the gun over into the ocean, and we sped off to our safe house. My hands were still shaking, so Zack grabbed my hand, and said, "Baby it's over, calm down it'll be okay." Nodding my head, I took a deep breath, and let it erase itself from my mind.

As we pulled up to the safe house, the lavish building astonished me. Zack smiled, and said, "You like?"

"Do I like? I love it!"

"I always wanted you to see this. This is the type of house I want us to have. Raise our family in this type of home, but this is too far from the city. Wish we could just pick it up, and move it to LA."

"That would be nice," I said getting out of the truck. I smiled at the house, because it did look homey, and I was happy to not have to think about Hilary anymore. Maybe our life was moving in the right direction.