"You like Slipknot?"

Chapter 1

Austin's POV
I shifted around in the passenger seat of my friend Tino's car. We had been driving for a while and I was so sick of sitting in a car.

We were on our way to his apartment, well I guess our apartment now. I had got accepted to my dream college in California and transferred from the one in Florida I had been attending my first three years in college.

Since Tino already lived out there he invited me to move in with him. We hadn't seen each other since he left for his freshman year of college.

"How much longer?" I groaned, once again and shifted in my seat.
"Fifteen minutes maybe. Now shush all you've done is complain." Tino said and lightly slapped my arm.

"Hey that was uncalled for. Friend abuse!" I yelled through the open window. Soon I heard he sound of the window being rolled up and I pulled my head in before it could reach me.

"Dude you could have cut my head off!" I exclaimed.
"Serves you right." He said and turned the radio on.

After what felt like much longer than fifteen minutes we pulled into a parking lot. Tino helped me unload my stuff and we went up the stairs to the third floor where the apartment was located.

He opened the door and I looked inside. The rent was fairly cheap and I was surprised at how good the quality of the apartment was. It was very spacious and well kept.

"Your room is the last door at the end of the hall. Bathroom in the middle and my room on the other side. Kitchen and living room." He said gesturing to the various rooms as he spoke. "That about sums it up."

"Thanks a lot man."
"No problem. We've talked about going to the same college and moving in with each other since we were like six."
"It's gonna be awesome." I said.

"Now off to get situated." I said and grabbed a couple of my bags. I walked down the hall to my room and opened the door. It had a large bed covered in a black comforter and light grey colored walls. A desk was positioned against one wall, a flat screen hung over a dresser, and there was a door leading into a closet. I sat down my things and started unpacking my clothes, deciding to get that done first.

After I finished unpacking I threw myself on the bed. I was immediately greeted with softness and sighed. I let my eyes close and drifted off to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to an alarm blaring. I groaned and sat up in the bed. I walked out of my room and banged on Tino's door.
"Turn the fucking thing off." I heard the alarm stop and Tino opened the door.

"Ready for today?" He asked sticking his head out. I groaned. I honestly didn't want to start my senior year of college the day after I moved but it was just something I had to deal with.

"Dude your gonna love it."
"Yea yea. I'm gonna go shower." I said and walked towards the bathroom. I quickly undressed and turned on the shower. The hot water falling on my back relaxed and woke me up. I washed and got out wrapping a towel around my waist after drying off.

Once I was in my room I pulled out a fresh pair of boxers and slipped on some black skinny jeans along with a Slipknot tank top.

I styled my hair until I was satisfied and slipped on some Vans. Content. With how I looked, I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed an apple and munched quietly waiting on Tino.

"Yo Austin you ready?" He said walking into the kitchen.
"Yea lets go."
We got into his car and made the short ten minute drive to the college.