The Oracle of Miami

Skipping their afternoon classes, they took a bus that will take them to where Mrs. Richardson lived. While on their way, Apollo told them the times they had met and how she mysteriously disappears. An hour later, they found themselves walking at a neighborhood, looking for the house of the old lady.

"That must be it!" exclaimed Hermes. Where he was pointing at was between two brick-houses while the house itself was made of wood, and the fact that it was the only house that was different from the rest. It was colored pink, exotic plants lined up the fences, and the chimney which was giving off smoke meant that someone inhabited that place.

They headed for the porch and Zeus was about to knock when the door opened on its own.

"Wow~, I didn't know you could do that!" exclaimed Dionysus.

"I didn't."

Cautiously, they went inside, and when Hermes was the last to enter, with a slam the door closed which made the boy squeal and clutched his brother. "A-Apollo, hold me!"

"You're the one who's holding me, and will you stop fidgeting, it's the middle of the day!"

Ares glanced around, hating the scent that the room was emitting. It had the mix of the musty house, mothballs, and heavy perfume. "If that human dares to transform in front of me, I will behead it in an instance!"

They were startled when they heard the chiming of a grandfather clock. Dionysus, upon hearing said "Hey Hermes, this scene reminds me of the movie we watched where the humans die after hearing the chime."

"D-D-Don't remind m-me!"

"You will be if you don't quiet down!" said Zeus. He proceeded to the living room where Hades already was. He went to where he was near the fireplace, looking at some old framed photos. "They're different."

"Yes, these are considered as the "ancestors" of digital photos. And these humans were her family."

He looked at each of the photo; there was a photo of a dog, a young woman, and the others were also photos of her but with other humans. One of it showed she was wearing a swimsuit.

"She's hot." commented Poseidon.

Zeus looked over his shoulder to see the others gazing over the said picture. He was about to agree when they heard "Don't just stand there, do sit down."

The boys were surprised and turned around to see Mrs. Richardson laying down a plate of pastries on the table which was once empty but now full of cakes, pies and biscuits. "Have a seat everyone or the tea will get cold."

Zeus was about to say something when he was cut off by the boys pushing as they dashed to her. Poseidon just chuckled beside him and said "Let's just save it for later."

After settling down with plates full of sweets, Mrs. Richardson came back from the kitchen holding the refilled teapot and set it down. "I heard you boys talking about my photo, I was considered a tiger back then by the boys. I even became prom queen. If you want, I can wear my old swim suit and-"

They told her that it was fine and that she didn't need to, and that they wouldn't want to see it anyways.

She chuckled. "I see that your friend isn't here."

The silence among them returned and no one touched their food.

"Don't worry now, he'll be fine. That boy knows how to take care of himself."

Their heads quickly snapped to her and Poseidon asked "Y-, You know what happened?"

She sat down on her rocking chair and swayed a bit. She took her unfinished sweater vest and started knitting before answering "I've known all of this since I was a child."