Conflict

Yesterday ended with the boys aching from their bruises while being lectured by the two cops. Apollo healed them after they got home but the bruises just wouldn't go away. They wanted to skip school today but the three brothers said that they couldn't because it will give their "friend", Evan, more suspicion, so they were forced to go.

It was last period before lunch, and Dionysus noticed that his brother has been looking at the clock every three minutes ever since the period started. He whispered "Hey Marko, what's wrong?"

Ares looked at him and whispered back "There must be something wrong with that clock! Every time I look at it, it slows down!"

"You're just impatient…" said Hephaestus.

Ares turned to the other and gave him the finger.

Hephaestus just cocked an eyebrow; he doesn't know what it means. The teacher called him and asked a question. He stood up and answered "…It takes a large amount of energy… to separate the elements of a compound…" He was given a compliment and sat down.

Dionysus turned around and whispered "You're good at… what's it called again?"

"…Chemistry."

"Right, chemistry."

Ares sneered. "Nerd."

Hephaestus glared at him. "If you had been reading…you would have known all of these…"

"And what? Become like you? No wonder no one wants to talk to you. You're already ugly, you also suck at parties!" Then he muttered "No wonder she left you…"

That has gotten Hephaestus very angry. He quickly stood up and glared at him, his fists were clenching at his sides. Everyone was looking at him and the teacher asked what was wrong. Dionysus tried to calm him. "Antonio, relax man~. Marko was just joking, right?" He looked at the older boy who was also glaring at the other.

"Mr. Ramirez."

Hephaestus looked at the man in front and said "Mixture…"

"What?"

He pointed at the mistake written on the board. "That should be mixture…"

The teacher looked to where he was pointing. "Oh…You're right." He erased and changed it. "Thank you, Mr. Ramirez"

Hephaestus sat down again and stared at the window, ignoring the boy who was glaring at him.

Thirty minutes later, class has ended and it was lunch time. Half of the class has gone out, while the other half, which was mostly girls, surrounded the three. A girl with heavy make-up said "Marko! Won't you join us for lunch? All the weird things happening lately are so~ scary, and we need someone to protect us!"

"Oh shut up! He's going to sit with us cheer squad, along with his teammates!" said a blond girl.

Ares grinned. "Ladies, ladies! I will make sure that I will seat with every beautiful girls in this school!" They giggled.

"Eladio, how about you? You always sit with your friends. Come eat with us at our table!" said a petite girl.

"I have a lunch meeting with my club. Maybe some other time." he said with a smile.

"Ok then." The girl turned to Hephaestus who was packing his stuff. "Antonio! Please say yes!"

Hephaestus looked at her and softly said "…Sorry…" and went out, followed by Dionysus. "Wait for me!"

"OMG! He just gazed at me with those eyes!" She fainted, literally, and her friends tried to wake her up.

"Hah! Forget about him! Besides, he's a freaking loser, just like his club!" said Ares.