Chapter Twenty Five

"The thing about chaos, is that while it disturbs us, it too, forces our hearts to roar in a way we secretly find magnificent."

-Christopher Poindexter

_______________________
Adeline

I scramble off of him not caring if I knee him in the face, "Just shut up." I tell Bast as she lifts a judgmental brow.

"You look healthy, shiny even maybe from sweat."

I glare at her, burning two holes in her head, "Seriously, just let it go."

She rolls her eyes, "Whatever you say."

I look back at Sam, he is still on the bed his arms holding up his head as he smiles.

Ugh, "Get rid of him, I don't need him anymore."

The Reaper chick pushes past us, "He isn't going anywhere, Death will like a word with this one."

I panic, "What for?" He didn't need to know about this and plus he's been MIA for days now.

She seems to glare, her milky eyes cloud over, "None of your business."

"Whatever, I'm leaving." I head to the door but Meeksha appears out of nowhere.

"You are healed." She looks surprised as she roams over my body with her snake eyes, as I thought she'd be.

Two black orbs peer around her legs, "Very much healed, you are well succubus."

I glance down at Daxt with a smile, "Yeah I'm good, he didn't poison me after all Meeksha. He just messed with my head making me and my succubus believe we were dying."

I flinch, the small prickle of pain as she pushes through my head is a reminder she's back and fully operational.

He should die.

I ignore her, "Please just move, I'm tired and my family will be worried about me."

She backs away, Daxt too scurries away, I turn the corner knowing the way to the front door.

Footsteps behind me indicate Bast is with me, "You gonna get me out of here."

"Of course, you can't summon a portal remember." We reach the stairs soon and I just now remembered something.

"Before all this shit went down you said you found that guy, the one who knew where to find Lilith."

She snaps her fingers, "Right, I almost forgot, man he's gonna be pissed, we were suppose to meet him hours ago."

"Do you think maybe he'll still meet with us?" I could feel the demon stirring, she couldn't think I still wanted her.

I might have been locked away by the Incubus but I know what happened, what you felt when I was gone.

It doesn't change anything, yeah I freaked a bit, I thought you were gone but.

Damn, I don't know how to explain this, I guess I just got used to her, I somewhat needed her at times and when she wasn't there to help I lost it. No matter how bad she can be, she was there and at times it wasn't all that bad. When Sam did what he did, I felt empty, I couldn't denied that.

I clenched my stomach as a jolt stabbed me, I fell to the ground a shudder running through my body as I watched in horror as my fingers nails began to bleed.