Chapter Two (Part 2)

I gulp down the vomit that threatens to surface as I try to comprehend what he just said. A succubus? What is that anyway, some type of demon? No, I thought, I didn't believe a word he said, it was lies, nothing but lies to mess with my sanity. And as for everything else, becoming his servant? Whoever this guy was, he was not going to get away with this?

"You're lying, now take me home, find me my damn clothes, and get the hell away from me!" I've barely been in the room with him and I can already tell he was some egotistic and arrogant ass, who didn't get enough attention in life so he had to take it out on the world.

He glowers back, his eyes becoming darker, if that was even possible. "Oh, I can't do that Adeline, you see, you are what I tell you, a succubus. See for yourself." He pulls me off the bed in one brisk movement. Clinging the blankets to my naked body to cover myself from his view, I let him drag me to the door on my left. He opens the door forcefully; it hits the wall with a loud bang.

To my surprise, it was a modern bathroom, not some torture chamber as I thought it would be. He stops just before the bathroom counter; the blanket just barely touches it as I look at him in the mirror. He stands behind me, his eyes never leaving mine as he encircles his arm around my waist, holding me against his taut body. His other arm was at my neck, his large hand weaving its way into my hair.

I tried to wiggle out of his grasp but he was too strong, he overpowered me without even blinking. He pulls softly on the back of my head, showing me he had control over what happened and how this would go.

He was at least two heads taller than me, so he had to bend down to whisper in my ear, "You want to see what I mean by glowing Miss Winters."

Before I could protest he placed a chaste kiss below my ear, silencing any type of resolve I possessed. I watch him watch me through the mirror, my cheeks flare with heat as he travels up my neck, causing my pulse to quicken. Not liking where this is going I push against his arms, his hand grips my hair tighter as he sees that I want to try and break free of him, the only protest I release is a small yelp. He smirks and it only makes me angrier, I do the only think to not incite him, I close my eyes. His arm tightens on my waist as I feel him kiss down my neck again he traces where he left off. I block out the small shiver as it threatens to spread across my skin but most of all I block him out, his touch is intoxicating.

"Open your eyes, Adeline." His breath across my flushed skin causes the shiver to release down and the goosebumps to raise down my arms; I didn't want to see what he had seen.

"Now!" He shook me, forcing me to open my eyes. What I saw was not me at all, my dark chestnut hair was wild, my freckled skin was flushed but my eyes were in fact illuminate.

My already light blue eyes were now, in fact, glowing brightly, almost hauntingly; it was unlike anything I had ever seen. Forcing my gaze away from my reflection I stare at the man who did this to me.

I could feel hot tears run down my flushed cheeks, "What did you do to me?" I asked, practically pleading with him.

"You were dying and because out of every single person who died that day, I heard you, you overpowered every other, wanting to be heard, your essence called to me wanting to be saved."

I shook my head, "No that's impossible, please just let me go."

He sighs heavily, "You see I can't do that, I saved you and in return, you help me. I mean seeing as though I needed a replacement, it came all too easy." How can he stand there joking about this?

Fuming, I tried to break free from his seemingly unbreakable hold. He was insane! I didn't want this, whatever this was. I cry out when he pulls back on my hair harshly, my eyes grow brighter with tears that still linger, spilling over as I blink. My eyes follow my emotions; they seem to get brighter as every feeling takes over.