Chapter Twenty One

"One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel."

-Reinette Poisson

_________________

Death

"

What is it that is so important that you interrupted me on such a wonderful day?" I had her in my hands, inches away from becoming whatever I wanted her to be, she didn't want me to stop, she wanted me.

Michael the archangel steps forward his golden wings folded behind him while the other two stand proud behind him, always behind him.

"You know why we are here Death, do not play games with me." He whispered yet his voice still seemed to carry beyond the confines of these walls.

I dismiss his affectations, not seeing his authority as something to follow. Leaning just barely over the edge, I peer down seeing the angels truly for the first time in over hundreds of years, "You come here, forcing your way into my domain, where I rule!" I nearly lose sight of my sanity, forcing my laughter back, "Do not tempt me Michael, I would be genuinely much oblige to tear every single feather from those wings of yours."

The dark haired angel, Raphael charges forward, "You watch your tongue demon!" He was always quick to anger that one, he better take caution for here he is nothing but a nuisance.

The glare I sent his way would make anyone keel over, "Do not insult me Raphael, step back inline pigeon." I am far from a demon, he should know better than to insult me.

He growls, a deep rumble in his chest but I am not impressed, he sounds like a small terrier, with silver wings.

"Enough!" Michael sends him a glare, which causes him to take a step back, his silver wings fold behind him, obediently.

Good little pigeon. I smirk down at Raphael watching as he fumes inside.

Michael looks back to me, no amusement on his face which is unlike mine, "No more games, we came to retrieve the girl."

I had my suspicions, they a gathering just when she died and I found her. They became exceedingly persistent afterward, all because of a human. A human who is now mine, they should know better than to come here making such demands.

I shrug, "What girl? There have been plenty walking in and out of these doors of late." I love it when they get their feathers in a twist, I see their wings shudder with impatience and annoyance.

This time Gabriel speaks, "Come on man, just tell us." He was the more neutral one so to speak, the one closer to the human ways. He embraces his human like charms and his brothers disliked him for it.

I sigh, staring down at Gabriel, watching his white feathers twitch, "I do not know of any girl Gabe."

He looks to Michael who is absolutely unimpressed by my scheme, "I know what you did to her, I know you know who she is, we just want to speak with her."

I snort, bull, I know they want more than to speak with her, they don't speak to the humans not unless He has a say in it.

I narrow my eyes down at the angel, wanting answers, I will not simply give in because they say too. "Why do you want the girl Michael?"

He dismisses me immediately, his wings extending behind him, "It is of no concern to you Death, bring the girl or will tear this place apart!"