Chapter Seven

"Nature cannot be tricked or cheated. She will give up to you the object of your struggles only after you have paid her price"

- Napoleon Hill

_____________________________

Adeline

Waking up I searched my maroon covers for the soft gray cat, not being able to find her I sat up searching the room.

Huh. She's gone.

I hung my head over the bed to look underneath it but she wasn't there, the only thing I could see was an old towel and dust bunnies. Lifting myself up, I walked to the window, it was open, I thought I closed it last night.

Yawning I shuffled to the bathroom, I got ready, changing into clothes for school. Choosing a simple black T-shirt and jeans. Brushing my hair I pulled it up into a messy bun, then I lined my blue eyes with black liner. Fishing through my purse I found the small vial of moonlight tea and placed a drop on my tongue. Heading downstairs I found my dad sitting on the table his head bent over reading the newspaper a coffee mug in hand.

"Morning, Dad."

Looking up he smiled, "Ready for school early, Addie I'm impressed."

I smirked. "Ha ha ha. Come on Dad I wanna beat James there."

That was never going to happen though, he arrived at school early, his bus driver was a maniac.

"Okay, okay let's go."

We arrived in front of my school ten minutes later.

"Is it okay if I go to James's house today after school."

"Yeah I'll pick you up just call me when you're ready."

"Thanks, Dad." Exiting the car I took a deep breath and entered the school.

A part of me was terrified I didn't know how this other side of me will react to being around people. A lot of people. Death said that a succubus feeds off the life force of others to stay alive. I still don't understand how that works or how it would start and feel like. I wasn't only nervous about school but Death said he was to send someone to collect me, whatever time they wanted too. Would a demon just randomly show up at school, with gnashing teeth and all.

Walking past a mass of people I enter the hallway to my left. James should already be sitting down by his locker. I shoved my way past the group of rowdy football players.

Ugh, they annoyed me, I now regret coming early.

Just as I thought, James sat by his locker, his face buried in a book, he wasn't nerdy but he was very smart. Girls drooled over him, he was too stupid to notice. I smiled remembering when Stacey, popular but not so smart Stacy, asked me for his number, I personally hated the bitch. Her attitude sucked and she took whatever she could to make your life a living hell. So when she asked me I told James, he said and I quote "What for it's not like she's going to have anything interesting to say." I laughed so hard to that one, Stacey didn't think it was very funny.

Kicking his foot, I watched as he dropped his book, glaring he looked up to see who hit him, his face fell, a smile taking its place.