Chapter 26- Fearful Butterfly

{A/N}

So, I feel the last of this chapter might be a bit rushed but I promise it was for a reason and I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Also, the song was just something I listened to while writing this chapter. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's wrong?" I questioned as I balanced the phone in between my shoulder and ear as I left my bedroom, heading to the living room.

'You need to come to the Jade Wolf; you're the only one who can offer any actual help to Clary right now and maybe even Jace and the others.' Luke's voice filtered through the speaker and I gnawed on my lower lip as my eyes flickered towards the window, the moonlight still filtering through it; night had a long way to go before daylight.

"I'll be there as quick as I can." I promised as I heard him mutter a soft thank you before a click filled my ears and I set my phone on the counter and looked to Magnus who was sitting on the sofa with Jorah opposite him, the pair both sipping on champagne.

"Not going," was the first thing that left Magnus's lips, he was still annoyed with me having went to see and even help Raphael.

"I'm not asking, you know I would never do that." I assured him only to earn him to sigh and shake his head as Jorah set glass down and stood.

"Well, let's go see wolfy." He spoke in a lazy manner as he winked at a, surprisingly blushing Magnus before creating a portal and motioning for me to come along.

'We're talking when we get back,' I silently teased as I winked at Magnus who rolled his eyes and chose to ignore my thoughts. As we stepped through the portal and entered what was known as Jade Wolf, the local hang out and what I guessed was the headquarters to the local werewolves, the pack that Luke now led. It was a shadowhunter's dream to be able to enter this place but I had never fully understood why, it was the same as any other hang out we had seen.

Sitting in one of the booths was Luke, along with a few other pack members who nodded in greeting. I offered kind smiles as I joined Luke at the booth, Jorah sitting next me.

"I'm glad you came, I'm guessing you didn't hear about the cup. Jace and Clary managed to locate it and it's currently at the Institute." Luke began as he gave me a worried look, it would seem no one trusted the Clave or shadowhunters.

"It's not safe, is it?" I muttered as my eyes flickered about the room, all of the werewolves seemed to be tense as if something was going to happen. The air felt tense and even without my magic my instincts were telling me something was wrong.

"No, I'm afraid," Luke was cut off by a scream that shattered the surrounding glass. The wolves instantly shifted, the sound of ripping skin and loud growls surrounded us as Luke himself shifted and Jorah and I shot up our finger tips sparking the color of our magic as a Forsaken burst through the front doors. The wolves launched at it but they were easily swatted away. Forsaken always looked like what the mundanes had called zombies but they were far stronger and much harder to kill.

"They can't kill it, not on their own." Jorah commented as I aided a wolf in attacking the Forsaken.

"Then let's help them." I commented only to earn a short nod as water seemed to appear from the pipes, bursting upwards as Jorah used his magic to control the element. Green mist formed around my palms as I used roots to grow and wrap tightly around the Forsaken just as Jorah sent a wave of water around it, wrapping and holding it.