Chapter 5- Fight A Demon

{This chapter has been edited}

Once out of the club and standing in a side alley, Magnus pulled me into his arms, hugging me tightly. Instantly, my arms wrapped around his waist, retuning the warm hug. His cologne filled my nose and I smiled slightly at the familiarity of it. 

I never could place the scent and he never offered any real answer. Pulling away, I moved back a few steps as he playfully wiped his purple suit jacket off.

"In a hurry?" Magnus inquired, pulling a vial from the inside of his pants pocket and offering it towards me. The liquid glowed a vibrant violet color in his hands.

"Jace ran off on his own, I have to meet him before he gets into any trouble." I replied, tapping my fingers on my thigh as I felt off. 

The adrenaline that had filled my veins and had aided in my fight, was beginning to fade. This left me feeling on edge and worrying about Jace. The scent of rain was heavy in the air, despite the pollution from the cars.

"Well, let's keep this brief shall we?" Magnus teased, a devilish smile playing at his lips. "I have business else where but I would like to schedule a date between you and I."

He waved the vial in the air, keeping it just out of my reach in a playful manner. Though something else seemed to glisten in his golden cat eyes. If I looked long enough it almost seemed like he was worried about something. If there was one thing I had come to learn about Magnus it was that he wasn't one to worry.

"A date?" I frowned, pursing my lips as he nodded before handing me the vile.

"Along with the usual price." Magnus replied, his arm moving forwards and pulling me closer by my waist. 

"Unfortunately the date is more about a business inquiry. However if you're feeling up to a little fun, I'd be more than happy to take you out after. I'm thinking something with candle light." His voice was low and sultry as he leaned down, his lips brushing against my ear.

"Jace is waiting, I have to go now." I whispered, not wanting to speak louder in case I hurt him. As I moved backwards he moved with me, wrapping both of his hands around mine that now held the vial.

"So eager to save that little shadowhunter. I wonder if he would be just as eager to return the favor." His warm breath fanned across my face as we stared at one another. I frowned and leaned back, tugging my hands free from his.

"Jace would save me." My voice trailed off as his lips curved upwards into a smile before lowering his head and pressing his lips softly against the corner of my mouth. His fingertips trailed down my arms, sparks escaping his fingertips and dancing around us.

"I can only hope so. Call me when you're done playing protector, we need to talk." Magnus spoke in the same sultry tone before pressing a gentle to kiss my forehead and pulled away.

"I don't understand you, the hatred you have for my kind is obvious but the way you," I was cut off by him waving his hand in the air as a portal appeared behind him.

"I never considered you a shadowhunter." His words were cryptic as he winked before stepping through the portal causing it to vanish.

Shaking my head I tucked the vial into my coat pocket and pivoted just as the rain began to fall. My skin seemed to tingle where his lips touched me and no matter how much I shook my head, I couldn't get rid of the feeling. The thought of this being a mistake once again surfaced.