Chapter 24- Warlock Arrangement

Haunting, his eyes were haunting my dreams but no matter how hard I tried to wake up they pulled me further into my personal hell. He was everywhere, every corner I would turn, evert street I would pass, still I ran, trying to run from the undeniable pain of telling him goodbye. I could feel tears streaming down my cheeks, a scream threatened to crawl from my throat and explode from my lips but still, I remained silent, running with no sound as everything was gray. He appeared once more and I slammed into him, falling and tumbling backwards, landing on my back and suddenly he was hovering above me. His hands held my wrists on either side of my head and I felt him lightly resting his body against mine. His eyes were the only color he held, that striking blue that could calm my nightmares and fight back my fear. His lips moved but I couldn't hear him, I couldn't hear anything but the sound of my own breaking heart. His eyes flickered closed as he leaned forward and his lips brushed lightly against my ear.

'I hate you,'

The words ran loudly all around us as the reality shattered and I was falling, the scream that had refused to leave erupted, echoing as the darkness pulled me downwards. I could see him, standing near the edge of the hole I fell down; his eyes still the startling blue that held no emotion. As my hands reached upwards, begging in silence for him to pull me up, back to the light and away from the darkness; he walked away.

~~~~~~~~

"Jarolyn!" Magnus's panicked voice filled my ears as I felt my body being violently shaken. My eyes flew open and I shot up, slamming my forehead into Magnus's, both of us shouting from the sting of the pain and shock of suddenly being so close to one another. I rubbed my forehead as I looked around my room. Sweat rolled down the back of my neck and my throat felt dry, I licked my lips as I tried to calm my racing heart.

"What's wrong?" I questioned in a scratchy voice, as if I had been screaming not only in my dream but here as well.

"You were screaming, loudly might I add, I thought you were dying." Magnus accused as he shot me a glare as he stood from my bed and left my room. I quickly followed after him, not caring for once if my bed was made; I darted after him and stopped in the living room when I saw a man sitting on the window seat. I glanced at Magnus but he ignored me, setting about to making tea and muttering softly at how I was going to give him gray hair or a heart attack. I turned my attention back to the man who seemed oblivious to my presence. He was dressed in a faded blue baseball T-shirt with the sleeves pushed up, revealing strong and ivory colored forearms. His hands were wrapped around a porcelain tea cup, the scent of Jasmine tea filled my nose as I inched closer, and still, he never looked away from the window.

 He was dressed in a pair of baggy black sweat pants, as if he had spent the night without my knowledge, he wore black and blue polka dot socks that oddly made me smile. He appeared tall, his left leg was stretched out and rested on the floor while his right was bent and pulled to his chest, his right arm wrapped loosely around it. From the angle I stood I could see he had a few days of growth on his face that looked neat, his jaw was strong and his lips full and a light pink in color. His skin looked perfectly smooth and I briefly wondered if everyone Magnus brought home was a fallen angel with how perfect they all appeared. His hair was raven black and reached the nape of his neck, bangs pushed back as if he had ran his fingers through them moments prior.