Chapter 15-Lover's Memory Pt.2

I was back in the training room only this time it looked much darker and in the center of the room was a colorful pentagram of sorts. I gave Magnus a curious look as we all circled around the pentagram, Magnus making certain to stay by my side as well as Jace. 

I looked at the odd symbols and realized that it was a pentagram used to only summon greater demons. It had been in one of the books the children and I were reading before Magnus pulled me to my room.

 That seemed like a lifetime ago, in fact everything seemed to be moving so quickly I couldn't even recall what day it was.

"Jocelyn was right your artistry is beyond compare." Magnus commented as his eyes trailed over the perfectly drawn pentagram. 

"You did well Clary," I offered as I placed my hand on her shoulder. She smiled softly at me while shaking her head.

"Oh I don't know about that," She replied as she looked to Jace. It seemed she was trying to prove something to him and I wondered if either of them realized how  dangerous that could be. I crossed my arms behind my back and rocked on my heels as I saw Magnus hold up his hand as he spoke.

"Oh the only other person I knew who could draw so well was Michelangelo, who was excellent in bed might I add." He added looking directly at Alec before glancing at me as well. 

Izzy stood next to him and I could tell she was trying to fight back a smile as she looked between Magnus, Alec and I. I didn't understand but it was Magnus making flirtatious comments. Alec however seemed confused and slightly annoyed by the comment as he simply crossed his arms and looked anywhere but Magnus and I. 

Jace was quick to glare as Magnus winked at me before blowing me a kiss and went back to giving Alec a flirty look. Jace turned and gave Alec an annoyed stare as if he was expecting Alec to do something. 

"Okay Jarolyn sweetheart, I love you and you are the stars to my night sky, but you can not be here for this. Why don't you go and work on the information you gathered." He hinted towards the fake mission I was on. 

"Wait, why can't she stay? What information?" Clary questioned as she stared from Jace to me.

"Little Jarolyn was on a solo mission the other night, she's been forbidden from talking about it with everyone." Izzy explained in a certain tone as she winked at me. I smiled back but but felt guilty at the happy look Izzy had in her eye. Clary frowned and stared directly at me.

"Is it about the cup?" She questioned causing everyone to look at me. I placed both of my hands on her shoulders as I offered a smile.

"I promise if I find anything that will lead you to your mom or help with locating the cup I will tell you. I know what it's like to not have a mother, and while your mom is only missing, the pain of her not being here is worse. I promised I would help you Clary and I always keep my promises." 

I assured her as I stepped back and hugged Izzy before hugging Jace as well. Magnus hugged me, lifting me up for a few seconds before sitting me down and kissing the top of my head. I stepped back and gave him a playful glare before I heard a fake cough come from Jace.

"We know the truth, take it down a notch." Jace grumbled. I gave him a sheepish look as I nodded and walked past all of them and towards the door. 

Before I could pull the doors closed I saw Alec watching me a torn look in his eyes. I gave him a comforting smile as I closed the doors and walked back to the sofa. I began picking up the scattered books as I went over everything that has happened ever since Clary came into my life. 

Through all the lies and feelings of shame I was finding the more I called myself a Bane and a warlock the better I felt. It was strange, knowing that I finally belong in a world I had been taught to hate. Though a question did still bother me and that was how I was both and how I was still considered Jace's twin.