Scum

Hermione walked to the bathroom in a daze. The wine and whiskey making her head fuzzy. She mentally calculated how much she had and what she had, and filed it away in her head as "never again".

She passed Ron and Lavender, rolling her eyes. "Get a bloody room. " she muttered. The Patil girls were sitting on either side of an uncomfortable looking Seamus, each touching different parts of him. She was disgusted to say the least.

"Hey is that you Granger?" Someone grabbed her waist, spinning her around to face a tall masculine figure. Racking through her brain she tried to place the face to a name but she couldn't.

"Um yes, whom might you be?" She squinted her eyes to try see the man handlers face. A deep laugh came from him.

"Lets just say I'm a certain Slytherin who's had my eye on you this entire night. " the hands on her hips tightened, pulling her in closer. A smell came off of his clothes, alcohol and cheap cologne.

"I demand you get your filthy hands off of me!" Trying to pull away, she felt his grip tighten then she was forcefully plastered against his body. Frantically, she tried to get somebody's attention, only to realise she had walked to a dark area of the room.

She struggled hard, punching the man in the chest and kneeing him.

"The only filthy thing in this room is your mudblood self. You're a tease Granger. Strutting in here with that skin tight dress on, showing your tender neck," he stroked her neck, his fingers trailing down her collar bone. Panic arose in her throat.

Think Hermione, think.

Closing her eyes, she tried to think of something.

Bite him.

Her mouth had a mind of it's own as it latched onto his hand, her teeth digging into the skin drawing blood.

"Argh what the fuck!" He staggered backwards, the lights hitting his face from all angles. Took her a split second to recognise him.

"Andrew Stone?" She gasped. He was a 7th year boy in Slytherin. He was a notorious sex addict and a serial cheater. His parents were both death eaters, so it was no secret of his hate against muggle borns. Which is what stumped her.

"What were your intentions Stone? Man handling me in a dark corner, you disgust me. " she spat. He looked at her, then back at his bleeding hand.

"Watch your back, scum. " he said before walking away. She chose to ignore his comment and fix up her dress. Stupid prat, who does he think he is!

Mumbling to herself about self righteous idiots and scum of the earth, Hermione walked the last few feet to the bathroom.

It was a simple bathroom, 4 stalls and 4 sinks. Pristine white walls and a aroma of apples, her favourite. She occupied the first stall to her left, ignoring the vomit sounds coming from the one next to her.

"Mione you in here? I saw you walk in. " Ginnys voice carried throughout the bathroom. She quickly finished her business and opened the door to see Ginny fixing herself up in the mirror.

"My god Gin, your hair is a mess. What have you been doing?" She questioned as she washed her hands. Ginny flashed her a smile in the mirror.

"Blaise likes to touch my hair. " Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Do you know Andrew Stone?" She asked Hermione. She froze.

"I've heard of him, whys that?"

"It's just that he came over to Blaise earlier on and asked us if you were single. I'd watch out for him of I was you. " Ginny warned. Well, it's a bit late for that one isn't it, she said mentally.

"Hmm will do. Hey um has Malfoy said anything to you guys?" She asked while avoiding her friends gaze.

Ginny laughed loudly, " so I'm not the only house traitor?" She blushed. "Well by the looks he has been giving you, I would think the feelings mutual. " before she could register what her friend said, she left. Leaving Hermione to ponder her thoughts.

Using her wand to fix up her hair and spray a fragrance on, she quickly checked her reflection. The girls next to her were whispering and pointing.

"If you have something to say, say it to my face. " she declared to them before storming out into the madness.

The atmosphere had changed dramatically. Music was blasting, people were in the middle of the room dancing the night away. She approached the bar where Malfoy sat talking to Andrew. His face stern as he sat huddled next to the brown haired Slytherin.