Chapter Eight

So I'm sort of free writing this as I go, but I hope that I can pull everything together at the end....wish me luck lol.

Okay so I'm the happiest author at the moment, I have over 700 reads...I never thought I'd have that many........so THANKS! XD

Unfortunately, I have some bad news, there's only going to be a few more chapters after this one because I've gotten through some of the major points in the story....of course it is a short story so....

Whataya Want From Me by Adam Lambert -------> great artist and this song really fits in with chapter (and the next).

So I'm dedicating this to Kitkat123345 because she's a good friend and an awesome person lol :)

Anyway, enjoy. :)

                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan

Watching Sagan sleep was one of the most peaceful times I’d had in awhile. He twitched occasionally but otherwise, made no noise, not even a snore. His breathing was even, soft. Trailing a finger lightly down his rounded cheek bone and across his full lips, I thought of how pleasant it was that in sleep, even as it warmed up finally, that he remained curled against me.

At the moment, his hand was clutching at my waist, leaving me with a strong feeling of possession. It was disconcerting, but I don’t see the point in lying to myself. Sagan was everything I wanted in a guy, and everything I honestly don’t really deserve.

Quick witted and smart, slow to anger, but when aroused, he was a powder keg. Matched me word for word and insult for insult. His arm tightened, snuggling closer to my side. I didn’t want this to end, but I felt sleep pulling heavily at my eyelids.

Giving in, I slept.

A warm, heavy weight lay on my chest. Cracking my lids, Sagan’s face relaxed in sleep greeted me. Sometime while I slept, he had managed to drape himself across my chest, one hand resting on my pec, the other down by my side. I didn’t see the blanket and didn’t give a damn.

Lifting my hand, I trailed it softly down Sagan’s bare back, affection rising quickly in me for the man currently asleep on me. His forest green eyes opened slowly, unfocused and groggy.

“Ryan?” His voice was low, husky from sleep.

“Good morning little Sagan,” I said softly, smiling down at him, earning a smile in return. In that moment, I was fiercely glad he hadn’t put on his poker face just yet. I liked this…probably a little too much.

In that moment, I realized I could no longer put on the act of hating him. I liked him, a lot. He tested my control, yeah, but he was just being himself, no real subterfuge. What you saw was what you got, and I wanted a guy like that.

Correction, I wanted Sagan.

“Why am I here?” His voice was thick with sleep and confusion and was sexy as hell.

“It was cold last night, so I basically forced you to sleep with me for the added warmth.”

“Oh,” his eyes closed again, and he didn’t move for several moments. The possessive feeling in my chest had me forcing back a savage smile. However though, I was surprised to find that his thoughts had mirrored my own moments ago.

“Ryan, why do you hate me?”

Sagan’s soft voice caressed my ears, before his words registered. Closing my eyes, I debated telling him the truth.

“Because I want you and you sorely test my self control. I figured that hating you would force back the desire I felt for you the first time I met you because it was obvious you were digging my best friend and not me. I didn’t want to compete with him.”

Damn, that was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. I hate self confessions of any sort.

“Really?” His voice was still soft, so I have no idea how he responded to that tidbit of information.

Deciding I might as well continue with the truth, or at least part of it, I whispered, “Yeah.”

The next question he asked had my breath freezing my chest, my heart pounding and sweat breaking out across my face.

“Ryan, who’s Brandon?”

My mind went blank and I blurted out, “How do you know about Brandon?”

This could not be happening. I so did not want to have this conversation with Sagan. His eyes opened, and he lifted his head to rest his chin against me, “You talk in your sleep sometimes, and I’ve heard a few colorful words, my name and a guy named Brandon you were apologizing too. Who is he?”

                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this is so short but I'll be sure to post the next chapter very very soon after this.

So Ryan's had a change of heart...do you think he'll tell Sagan who Brandon is?

And what do you think Ryan did that requires him to apologize to Brandon?

Comment, vote fan and whatever else it is you readers do :) make me feel loved lol